My Crf250r comments, concerns, questions, ideas, etc

Well i dont wanna clutter the forum so im gonna put all my crf info and questions in here. I just picked it up on wed. heres a pic of it.

ffc33541.jpg

Im in the process of tearing it down and greasing all the bearings, and im going to add some inline filters to the carb vent hoses tomorow. Its running good, and i really like it, Ill be going to my first practice with it on saturday. Today after i wached it i noticed something...The clear pinkish hose thats plugged at the end (it connects to the valve cover vent hose) had about 2 1/2 inches of water in it, There are no leakes in the line, so the water must have got in through the air filter then into that tube, I dont think it would come from inside the motor...Has this happend to anyone else before? I didnt see any visible water in the air boot, and the filter had a little water on it but it wasnt soaked...Off course i drained the water out, and tomorow im gonna try to find a one way valve to put ont the end of it (to let stuff out but nothing in)<does that sound like a good idea?

Im also gonna add a inline filter right before where the valve cover breather hose goes in the valve cover, Just incase any dirt made it in the breather line. Another question, what octane gas should i use in it? 93? Thanks allot guys, this is a great forum.

?

Tyler, its Thumper273 off pit. Hopefully I will be bringing home a crf 250 tomorrow morning, I cant wait! Im coming from a yam 250f and I was wondering if any of you guys could explain changing the oil on a honda 250f apposed to the Yam 250f. Also, is it necessary to change the oil after breaking it in? Also, what are the necessary maitenence things to do to a brand new bike? Also, when changing the oil after the first ride or break in do you have to change the oil filter as well? Im new to the crf's and need some suggestions.

Thanks,

Justin.