Sign in to follow this  

Wife's TTR 125 not sure

Hello everyone--Bought my wife a 04 TTR125 with the dual drum brakes and the small tires. From what I've read (Yamaha Web Site, should've paid more attention at the dealer) the model is a TTR-125 L (I think). I mostly prowl the WR/YZ 250f forum, so I was wondering if that is the correct model classification and if there are any tips and tricks to maintaining this particular bike? Have to brush up on my drum brakes, for sure. And I apologize in advance, but I just don't know what to search for in the search engine. Thanks a bunch, :cry:

R

I just got my wife the TTR125LE. It has the bigger tires and a front disk brake. She really likes the size and weight of the bike. She is 5'5" and about 130. She did burn out the clutch in less than 20 miles because of my poor training. I think your wife will enjoy bike!

Thanks,

Chad

If you have small wheels, dual drums, and no estart you have a standard TTR125.

We have a TTR125L and it has big wheels, a disc brake up front and a slightly upgraded suspension.

They make a TTr125e which is your bike with the estart.

And they make a TTR125LE which is our bike with estart and a rear suspension resivoir.

All the motors are the same. :cry:

I could be wrong, but those are my understanding of the differences.

Always go with the E!!! Since I got my new Honda crf250x, I would never go back to kick starting...guess I am just getting old. I knew when I got my wife this bike it was because of 3 things. First the electric start, then she was able to touch her feet almost flat, and then the weight of the bike. I was considering a little bigger bike, but all of the Honda are to heavy or they do not have the e start. I laid my bike down in are front yard just to see if she could pick it up. She could not even budge it and it weighs 228 empty. The Yamaha 125 at 179 lbs is much easier for her to handle. Plus new riders should be able to put there feet down with ease if they need to. I think this bike is great for a new rider.

Thanks,

Chad

ya electric starts are great, i have the ttr125le and my freinds that ride kinda make fun of me for havin a electric start but i dont care cause wen we ride they are sittin there kickin away and i push the button once and im ready to go :cry:

My wife is 5"4" and around 120lbs. I started her off with the smaller TTR125 but the next year I traded her up to the LE. It is a nicer bike in all aspects and the e-start is very convienient. Tell you the truth she sort of worries me because the way she drives.

The kids have her old smaller bike and they've beat it up pretty bad so they are not allowed to even think about touching her current bike.

vic

In addition to what the others have mentioned, the TTR125LE also has adjustable front forks (preload) and an aluminum rear swingarm to offset the extra weight of the E-start. The other TTR's have steel swingarms.