Sign in to follow this  

What is the right bike for me?

I am a 5'6" 135lbs female 21yrs old interested in a trail bike to start learning on. I am wanting some advice on what the best bike is. If yall have any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!!

You're about the same size and weight as my wife and she is a perfect fit on the TTR125L. She loves it. She had ridden many moons ago, but it had been so long she was basically a beginner again.

We have been teaching her kid that's 12 to ride on it too. The TT125 is a very forgiving bike.

My wife is also similar to your size, and we got her a TTR125LE. She loves the electric start, and it's the right height for her to put both feet down and feel comfortable. We went trail riding last weekend, and she loved it! This is a great bike for a typical female.

However, if you are not quite typical, and lean towards being very physical, athletic, not afraid to jump your mountain bike, and kind of a daredevil in general, then you might be happier with a larger, more powerful bike. But I have fun on her little bike, too.

If you are unsure, then one nice thing about the TTR125 is that they resell quickly--at least, here in So. Cal. You might be able to find a good used one. In the Cycle Trader here, there is at least one or two every week that read like this... "TTR, like new. bought for wife. Used twice. Stored for the last year." I guess there are a lot of hopeful men out there...

CG

ya the ttr125le is a great bike! its a awesome bike to learn on cause i have it right now and its my first bike and you really dont have to do ne thing to it besides fill it with gas and change the oil every once in awhile and the fluid for your brakes!! but its a good bike overall

In regards to a newbie on a bike I'd throw in another vote for the TTR125LE. You'll appreciate the electric start when learning to ride; I know my wife did.

TTR 125 LE Would be good for you.I am 5' 6'' 13 years old and 125 pounds and I have no prob Ttr 125 E.

Thanks for all the input! I took everyone's advice and bought a used 2002 TT-R 125L..went out on it yesterday for the first time...had a good time..and yes I crashed!!! But I got back on!!!

Thanks again!!!