Sign in to follow this  

Attention 04 XR250 owners

Hi all. thanks for all your posts. they have been very helpful in getting me up to speed.

I would like to share some info to others.

I just completed the "uncorking" process on my 3 month old 04 honda xr250.

ya know...jet,uni, and baffle replacement/removal.

Here is the news.... After reading on here i purchased a Baja Designs spark arrestor. it came to me lightning fast. actually next day since i live within 20 miles of the place. when i tried to put it on the screw holes didnt line up correctly. no biggie. maybe Baja sent me the wrong part. I went down there today and they said i had the right part. they showed me another one that had the same hole patterns. well..while in the showroom i saw that they had a similar one on the wall display. they sales guy said it was for a xr400. i noticed the hole pattern and size were identical to the stock part that came off my new bike. something interesting is the xr400 version had a curved lip that sealed over the stock pipe. the sales guy said the xr400 piece would be too long for my xr250. so i asked if i could have the spark arrestor that goes on the xr400. took it home and it fit like a freakin glove! It also sounded bad a$$. so. what gives?

here is something to watch...My stock arrestor had the markings HM KCY A2.

Baja wanted to give me one that said HM KCE A1. Turns out the HM KCY A1 fit perfect and it was also the one used on the XR400. Maybe i got a rogue bike. maybe someone in san diego bought a 2004 XR400 with a 2004 XR250 exhaust. i dunno. for those looking to replace the spark arrestor you may want to take some time and match these up.

The guys at Baja Designs seemed pretty helpfull and more than happy to let me return if my hunch didnt work out. i plan to call them tommorrow to let them know of my success. I would definately recommend thier hardware. it has a good feel to it.

I ride this weekend. cant wait! yeeeeeeeehhhhaaawwwwwww! :cry:

did i say how awesome it sounds too? almost didnt recognize my bike.

Glad it all worked out for you 03Cobra! I have always had a good experience with BD. Hope to see you out there some time.

Let us know how it rides, we know it sounds awsome now! :cry:

Here is the news.... After reading on here i purchased a Baja Designs spark arrestor. it came to me lightning fast. actually next day since i live within 20 miles of the place. when i tried to put it on the screw holes didnt line up correctly. no biggie. maybe Baja sent me the wrong part. I went down there today and they said i had the right part. they showed me another one that had the same hole patterns. well..while in the showroom i saw that they had a similar one on the wall display. they sales guy said it was for a xr400. i noticed the hole pattern and size were identical to the stock part that came off my new bike. something interesting is the xr400 version had a curved lip that sealed over the stock pipe. the sales guy said the xr400 piece would be too long for my xr250. so i asked if i could have the spark arrestor that goes on the xr400. took it home and it fit like a freakin glove! It also sounded bad a$$. so. what gives?

i had the same problem with the one i picked up from Baja designs :cry: i just drilled the holes out a little bigger - kinda of a PITA but i did not feel like driving back down there and messing with it - after drilling the holes out a little bigger the tip fit perfect and with the the bolts in place you cant even tell i drilled it out :cry:

after owning a couple Harley's - iam just getting used to having to mod new parts to fit like they should :cry::cry::cry:

Jeff :devil:

My 01 XR2.5 also has the XR400 baffle. I think all Cali 2.5's have this baffle. If you hadn't bought the BD baffle you could've drilled the exhaust holes just like the XR4's with the same result. That's what I did with my 2.5.

You know my main jet was 132 stock also. I think gordons mod said cail's where 122.

i thought about trying to drill my stock part. Then i decided to hold on to it just in case the noise police where out. They are there in full force sometimes in Corral Canyon from what i hear. During busy holiday days i hear they are out in full force in Ocotillo and Superstition.

By they way. Just got back from Ocotillo.

The bike ran like a champ. felt like a different bike. a lot more torquey.

The extra noise tooks some getting use to but i liked it. Seemed to give me more oomph climbing steep hills with sand.

one other thing. i know the fact that i changed out the MJ doesnt have much to do with the starting of my bike but it seems that it starts on the first kick now. maybe the uncorking helped out. i guess it also helped that i didnt lay my bike down this trip. :cry: