Sign in to follow this  

VOR 530 2002 camshaftbearings

Hello VOR freaks :cry: VOR lovers :cry: VOR mechanics :cry:

Next VOR problem :cry: this is the second time my camshaftbearing brakes down after a 4h ride.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

Thanks, Knip :cry:

Knip

Which bearing is failing? There is a small bearing on the intake end of the cam and a large bearing on the exhaust end and I have never seen either of them fail. Are you talking about the cam followers?

Which model/engine????....the estart engine has an oil pump....the other is reedvalved crankcase pressure modulated...????

Were you up to proper oil levels, or did you suffer oil starvation???...

From what I have been told my a number of VOR dealers/mechanics...after break in with heat/cool down cycles ( if you are to hard on break in you can damage bearing surfaces), use full synthetic oil....keep the proper oil levels...dont over rev/bounce off the rev limiter....and alway change the oil, and clean/change the filter(s)/screen(s).....

give us some more details.....

It's the big camshaft bearing that is broken again.

I change my oil after every run ( +- 5h ) :cry:

Last time I placed the SKF C3 bearing but now I ordered the originals by VOR...

just to be shure !!

More news soon :cry:

Which model/engine????....the estart engine has an oil pump....the other is reedvalved crankcase pressure modulated...????

Were you up to proper oil levels, or did you suffer oil starvation???...

From what I have been told my a number of VOR dealers/mechanics...after break in with heat/cool down cycles ( if you are to hard on break in you can damage bearing surfaces), use full synthetic oil....keep the proper oil levels...dont over rev/bounce off the rev limiter....and alway change the oil, and clean/change the filter(s)/screen(s).....

give us some more details.....

Wish i had a rev counter on mine... I dont know how close to the red i am, and as a result i feel i dont push the bike hard enough. :cry:

I would be curious to see if any oil pulses out if you crack the "banjo" fitting on the oil line on the right side of the motor.

Wonder if you have a plugged oil filter or oil line.

You didn't say if yours is an EN or MX.

ALSO check the gas tank. Make certain the letters are V.O.R and not K.T.M.!!

It's an EN and oil lines are OK !

Even when I turn by hand oil comes out on top of the line.

Payed special attention to the tree letter word :)

It's a V O R

There is a VOR tool that will seat the bearing and cam without pushing it down till it binds. This could be your problem. Improper installation. As has been mentioned there isn't usually this problem.

Tañking about rev limiters, which models have one, I haven't yet noticed anything as a limiter and in higher gears on tarmac hit 165km/h in 5th. for a few seconds. Just to see how the engine was jetted (was fine) but never felt anything as a rev limiter?