Sign in to follow this  

Croom.....Question?????

Hi,

What type of tracking would Croom be considered?

I'm looking to get the right tires. Thats where I will be doing most of my riding.

soft, intermediate or hard terrain?

also.... any tire recommendations?

thanks

If the tire's are new on your bike I would leave them on till you decide that they just don't work for your riding style.

what came on you're bike? if it's a yamaha it probably has the 739's, get them off unless you are riding asphalt. I run 773 front and rear, but I did notice the rear wearing faster. The 773's also hooked up great at DP in GA without chunking.

Croom is almost 100% sand. I personally run the 756 Front and 773 Rear. However I have been looking at the S12 from Michelin. I ride at Bithlo a lot and like my tires out there. However I see a lot of guys running the S12's :cry:

Croom is mostly sand. You have small areas of limestone (generally only trials riders ride on that) and small areas of the clay (think of wet pottery clay). Nothing really helps in the wet clay but balance and staying centered.

I ride a Kendra Trakmaster II in the rear. Why? because it was one of the cheapest tires I could find. I've been riding most of my life and I can't tell the difference in tires. I can't see spending 90 dollars on a Dunlop when I can't tell it from a $40 Kenda. Before any tire Nazis chime in, I said that was my opinion.