Wayne National...Dale?

Took the wife to Bud's just before bad weather hit and she had a blast. She actually didn't do too bad on her ttr-225. She also got to ride a CRF250x at a buddies farm (while the guys were riding the track). Well, now she's been bit by the bug and is all stoked about riding more than our track/property this year. One of the guys she works with keeps telling her how much fun Wayne is and she really wants me to take her.

If you don't mind, we'd love to tag along next time your going. Wouldn't hold you up, just need help getting there and pointed in the right direction once there. I won't mind puttin' around with her every now and again, actually kinda cool she wants to ride some.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't know anything about the current racing scene in District 11, but I do make a couple trips a year to ride at Wayne.

You'll need the Wayne pass and the Ohio OHV sticker. You can get the Wayne pass at pretty much any bike shop. It's five bucks a day. I'm not sure about the Ohio OHV registration because I have my Illinois sticker and they accept that.

Technically, you're also supposed to carry insurance on the bike.

I would recommend having both the Wayne pass and the OHV sticker. We came down from Illinois once and a buddy got a $74 ticket for not having either the Illinois sticker or an Ohio sticker. The cop said it was my buddy's lucky day, though, because he wasn't going to give him a ticket for no insurance.

Besides the ticket, the cop also made my friend sit there for over an hour while he "ran the VINs" on his bike and those for a bunch of quad riders he also snagged.

Once you're all stickered up, the Monday Creek area is right where 33 turns back to two lanes just north of Nelsonville. The entrance is on the left if you're going south. Head back until you find a decent place to park and just hit the trails. We always park in the lot at the top of the hill after the access road makes a sharp left.

There's also the Long Run trailhead to the east of Nelsonville. This one typically isn't anywhere near as crowded as Monday Creek. Also, I don't know for sure, but some people say the over-zealous cop (a Hocking Co. deputy sheriff) doesn't patrol Long Run because it's in Athens Co. I don't know that for sure, though.

That area will be a good place for your wife. I'm looking forward to taking my oldest boy (10) there this summer.

Well i just stumbled on this part of TT and thought id pipe in.I usually just hang out in the YZF & TTR forums.

We ride wayne alot & have ridden there for lots of years (20 or so) as well as summerset (Perry forest).We ride in the same place as midwest has just described.The parking area he mentioned & the trail is called DOOR RUN LOOP.Thers several loops you can follow.We ride the other place east of nelsonville everynow & then & theres never anyone in that part of the woods really.

Ive never heard anything about needing insurance on your dirt bike & ive never had it or been ticketed for it.Yes at wayne national forest you need the "wayne pass" its $5 a day or you cna but the year pass for $25 & youll also need you APV sticker that you get from the licence burrue & is $7.50 i think & its good for 3 years.To get the APV sticker you need to have a tittle for your bike or quad.All bikes & quads sold in the last feww years come with one (not a street title but still its a title) & if you have something alittle older then you have to take the bike or quad with you to the DMV to get inspected (they check & run the vin # & make sure the motor & frame match) this helps with stolen bikes.Alone with the bike youll need the certificate of origin (looks like a title) that came with the bike & they swap that for your new title.If you got the bike used then you need a reciept of purchase & the persons name & address so they can make sure you didnt steal it.It sounds like aot of work but its really pretty simple.

You need both the APV sticker & wayne pass to ride wayne national forest because its a national forest & the GOV wants thier money.If you ride at Perry state forest ( summerset) then you will only need the APV sticker.

Both places open April 15th & are oen till Nov or Dec 15th i cant remember. Let me know & maybe we can meet up down there sometime & ride.We have a couple girls that ride sometimes as well. We camp out & do 2 day rides from time to time as well.

Super Dave is right about the title and the APV sticker.

I think Wayne would be a good place for your wife Honda163, personally I like Perry a lot better because it's got some tougher trails, lots of hill climbs, and less quads. If you just want to cruise around, then Wayne is the place. Wayne is a good place if it's muddy, but if it's dry and rains it is real slick on the hardpack.

I would love to meet up with any of you guys at Wayne or Perry, just say when and we will go. Wayne is MUCH better on a weekday.

About the insurance...You better have it! My brother got busted for no sticker and when he went to pay the ticket, he got busted for no insurance. The state can pull your dl and your plates for your normal trnasportation. You can get insurance on the dirtbike for $15.00. Way cheaper than a ticket and a lawyer!

Cool thanks for the info on the insurance.Ive never had it on my dirt bikes.

Yeah we will have to hook up soon & do some good trail ridding.We camp from time to time as well.

And ill 2nd the fact that its WAY better ridding durring the week cause no ones there really.Im like 2 1/2 to 3 hrs from there so the only week dyas i make it is sometime on friday if i take vacation day or we go down friday night to camp sometimes.

Cool thanks for the info on the insurance.Ive never had it on my dirt bikes.

Yeah we will have to hook up soon & do some good trail ridding.We camp from time to time as well.

And ill 2nd the fact that its WAY better ridding durring the week cause no ones there really.Im like 2 1/2 to 3 hrs from there so the only week dyas i make it is sometime on friday if i take vacation day or we go down friday night to camp sometimes.

Same hear. Go down Friday morning, come home Saturday afternoon.

That's a completely loaded question. It depends totally on how you approach it.

If you putt along in first gear, the marked trail areas are < 5, probably easier. Nothing is what I would call even remotely impassable, even for a beginner.

If you ride it like it's an MX track, though, some areas can get pretty dang gnarly when you're fourth-gear pinned.

If you want something that will challenge your ability to get from Point A to Point B, Wayne is not it. If you want someplace where you can haul a$$ with your throttle pegged and trees whizzing by in a blur, then maybe you'll want to give Wayne a shot (just keep an eye out for traffic).

It depends on what you want out of trail riding. ?

Thanks for your opinion on Wayne. I mainly ride at Crow Canyon just south of New philly Oh. They run some GNCC races and you can fly (2-3rd gear mainly). Last time they had a 8 mile loop and about 125 riders were there but it was long enough you did not see that many people. It was nice, it has creeks, hills, mud bogs, trees etc. I'm no mxer but love the woods and hills. Oh by the way, they also have a nice mx for adults and a peewee track for the little guys. Everything including a bike shop is located with in 3 minutes of track. Have a Great Day

I thought I put this on the other day but who knows. www.crowcanyonmx.com Click on picture and then in menu look lower right and is park discription. Tom is a great guy and has 400+ acres of woods,trails and hills. Some parts are great for the family,easy,long etc. Others can be tuff as heck. Last time we were there they had a 8mile GNCC loop. IT WAS GREAT!! ? 4 wheelers have done a number on the trails ? so some are rutted up but over all a great place. Just before you get there is 3-5 fast food, gas station, drive thru, and across the street is a car wash. Tom even has a bike shop at the track ? thats open on Saturday. You can even camp there too. He has an adult mx track and a peewee one. Easy to find. 77 s to 250E to the first light. Before you hit the light look SW and you'll see a watertower on the hill....thats it. About 15 min southeast of New Philly Ohio. Enjoy and if you know any other place to ride in NE Ohio lets me know. Make it a Great Day

I ride Wayne regularly. I have the state and Wayne pass. I don't however carry insurance. I've been randomly stopped on the trail many times and have never been asked about insurance. If you have a Illinois state permit and your Wayne permit, you may be fine. Call Waynes headquarters to get info.

I ride Wayne regularly. I have the state and Wayne pass. I don't however carry insurance. I've been randomly stopped on the trail many times and have never been asked about insurance. If you have a Illinois state permit and your Wayne permit, you may be fine. Call Waynes headquarters to get info.

Wayne headquarters probably won't care about insurance. It's a state law, not a forest regulation. Most of the law enforcement at Wayne is the local Sheriffs dept., not Federal rangers. Call them or Ohio bmv.

Wayne headquarters probably won't care about insurance. It's a state law, not a forest regulation. Most of the law enforcement at Wayne is the local Sheriffs dept., not Federal rangers. Call them or Ohio bmv.

The forest rangers are cool there. It's the local sheriffs dept. (one officer in particular, don't know his name) who will break your balls if you don't have every thing in order.

The forest rangers are cool there.

I wouldn't go that far. Once we were camping there and sitting around the fire at 10pm and making a little noise joking around, but the next camper was 1/4 mile down the road, so no big deal. A Ranger drives by, jumps out, and runs up to us with his light in our face and the other hand on his gun. He says we can get a ticket for "excessive noise". I guess I was disturbing a raccoon or something. I can sit in my front yard and make more noise than that without any problems. Go to Wayne to ride, but don't think you going to "Escape" to the great outdoors. There are more people and cops then at my house.