Sign in to follow this  

Overall Details of the '04's and '05's

I am curious to see what you guys with the 04s and 05s thought of the fit and finish of your bikes. Something that has been bugging me about them (I haven't seen an 05 yet) is that one of our local dealers had an 04 510 left over, but the plastic doesn't look like it fits right. Particularly between the rear numberplate and the shroud. Also, the quick release bolt on the seat doesn't have a washer under it so the seat material is just kind of loosely hanging.

Is it from a shoddy job by the dealer putting the bike together, or have all the new Huskys you guys have seen like this?

my '05 TE510 does have a bit of what you describe.

there seems to be two fastners missing where the shrouds meet the side plates. the plastic doesnt meet correctly at that point. not sure if thats becouse of my dealer or the factory...

another lame thing is the breather hose from the engine to the airbox--its flimsy and pinched around the carb.

its nice to have honest and critical strings about our bikes. not just endless 'we are better than them' stuff all the time.....even though we are!

The mechanical side is the best I have seen, the plastic especially the side panel deal mentioned above is a little disapointing but we are guna just make them ugly anyhow :cry:

The fit on all o4 /4 strokes is like that.I think the Italian riders were useing a shorter and lower sub frame and the production bikes are just bigger so those parts dont fit tight.Also the seat pins are so tight you either leave off the washer or we grind the pin shorter so it does not hit the fender and goes in all the way ,its too bad because the fit and finish on the rest of the bike is excellent as usual.

I think the fit is just a tad better on my '05 TE450 then the '04 TE450 I just sold. Everything lines up just a bit better on the '05. The finish quality was/is excellent on both bikes. Easiest four-strokes in the world to work on for sure.

Travis Epperson