Sign in to follow this  

I got my new bike.... :-(

Well after my 05 being stolen last weekend, I replaced it (and my sons bikewith an 05 CR85) with another 05 CRF450. My frineds at Hillside Honda Ymaha in Lakeport took really good care of me and even gave a me a brand new 2005 Carbon pro full system for a price that there was no way I could say no too. I Noticed the new carbon pro does not have the low boy, it looks like a stock header except that it is stepped with different size tubing. It also has a really cool white borthers logo "flamed" into the side of the header. There are several changes in this pipe I think from earlier carbon pros. Has anyone dyno'd this pipe? Im not sure of the results but this is one sexy piece of work.

Now I just have to decide if I should invest in the suspension again,I am pretty short on cash now :cry:

Glad to hear. Tip: bikes in trucks attract scum.
I am bringing both these bikes in the bed of my truck again next year. Only this time Ill be parked behind it in a blacked out suburban with my baton in one hand and my street howitzer in the other and a bad case whoop ass in pocket...........................

Im glad and sad to hear that. Its nice that your dealer did that for you. the 05 WB is sick. I would chain those bikes down from now on or like you said, roll in the suburban...haha.

Glad too see it work out for you. That lock looks pretty beefy. So did you have insurance cover the cost of the bikes. My buddy had a CR125 stolen from him about six years ago and he got a call from the police a couple of months ago to pick it up. I hope you get the same call much sooner! Lots of luck with the bikes. Mike :cry:

I am bringing both these bikes in the bed of my truck again next year. Only this time Ill be parked behind it in a blacked out suburban with my baton in one hand and my street howitzer in the other and a bad case whoop ass in pocket...........................

Sounds like a plan! :cry:

Insure them, and keep 'em locked up.

At the Hatfield-McCoy ---when they found out they couldn't steel our bikes from the truck because my locks and chains were so good they proceeded to take a crow bar to my brand new Z-71. :cry:

Tip: bikes in trucks attract scum.

I haven't been on this forum for months. But I think I remember you. You were the first guy with a '05 450 and you got a little artistic if I remember.

I'm ****en sick your bike was lifted. I hope you get it back. If you are the guy that I think you are then I reckon you have a great way to recognise your bike when you spot it again.

Hit them in the face when you get them.

Mick

I haven't been on this forum for months. But I think I remember you. You were the first guy with a '05 450 and you got a little artistic if I remember.

I'm ****en sick your bike was lifted. I hope you get it back. If you are the guy that I think you are then I reckon you have a great way to recognise your bike when you spot it again.

Hit them in the face when you get them.

Mick

Your right! My "speedholes" as they came to be known,will make that bike stand out like a sore thumb!

Don't take me wrong or anything---but I've always wondered, would a person want a bike back after it's been stolen? "Ride it like you stole it" mentality?

Last year I was going down to Florida and was stopping into all the Cannondale dealers on the way. This one dealer in Louisiana had one of their new Cdale's stolen then recovered. This thing was real real bad. It would be hard to describe to you guys. Maybe worth $100.

Granted if I had no insurance then yeah I'd want it back. RR.

The only thing I would want back off my bike would be the suspension (Factory Connection), assuming the forks were still straight................

What ever happened to RoostReallyHurtsMyGroin?

Hey Tim, I'm the same guy, got kicked off TT a while ago for acting the mickey on one thread :cry:

I just bought a 04 crf450 today on ebay. Haven't got it yet. I've to go to england to pick it up next weekend. I'll be back with a vengeance. :cry:

Your right! My "speedholes" as they came to be known,will make that bike stand out like a sore thumb!

I'm certain you will come across that bike again. I remember people gave you a bit of stick when you did that with your bike. I didn't. (I think I even might have congratulated you on your design). Anyway, wherever that bike goes people will recognise it - what have we got, a hundred thousand members on TT or something massive anyway? Drilling those holes in your bike will prove to be one of the best things you ever did to it.

EDIT: I hope you put some speedholes in the guy that took the bike if you ever catch him.

Hey Feet,

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Question: Was Progressive your insurance company? If so, how were they to work with on the claim? Did they include the WC stuff and suspension? Did you include a certain dollar amount for extras on the bike in the quote?

I'm down here in Fresno. I'll keep an eye out for your hole-y ride! Hard to miss.