Sign in to follow this  

Great article on Arm Pump!

Great article :cry:

"The higher incidence in motocross is related to the fact that forearm muscles only get blood flow during relaxation. NASA performed a good study of forearm muscle blood flow in 1996. While studying normal volunteers they found "… a significant reduction in muscle oxygenation even at levels as low as 10% maximal contraction." This explains why we pump up less when we relax, move our fingers and unclench our hands."

Awesome article. Thanks for posting. Whenever I feel my arms getting tight I just yell at myself to relax and it seems to get better.

About a year ago I started a routine that has eliminatedarm pump.

Ready for this?

Geez it was simple...do this DAILY.

5 sets of push ups (20 each)

Rest for a minute between sets...might take 10 minutes to do all the sets.

Get a cheap curl bar at wal-mart and put about 30 to 50 lbs on it. 3 sets of 8 full extensions. 5 minutes.

Do the curls in-between the sets of push-ups...

And while your at it if you want to slim down and breathe better: 5 sets of crunches (middle, left, and right), 30 reps per set per position. Might take a total of 15 minutes.

If you have any energy left over do a little cardio. Like run in place and some jacks.

No offense, but if you are too lazy to try this or something else and simply elect for surgery then it shows your true desire...or lack thereof. I know I'll get flamed for my opinion but I could really give a rat's a$$.

On a lighter note, if you only get arm pump in one arm then you may consider changing hands when you are tossing off.

Good luck. :cry:

About a year ago I started a routine that has eliminatedarm pump.

Ready for this?

Geez it was simple...do this DAILY.

5 sets of push ups (20 each)

Rest for a minute between sets...might take 10 minutes to do all the sets.

Get a cheap curl bar at wal-mart and put about 30 to 50 lbs on it. 3 sets of 8 full extensions. 5 minutes.

Do the curls in-between the sets of push-ups...

And while your at it if you want to slim down and breathe better: 5 sets of crunches (middle, left, and right), 30 reps per set per position. Might take a total of 15 minutes.

If you have any energy left over do a little cardio. Like run in place and some jacks.

No offense, but if you are too lazy to try this or something else and simply elect for surgery then it shows your true desire...or lack thereof. I know I'll get flamed for my opinion but I could really give a rat's a$$.

On a lighter note, if you only get arm pump in one arm then you may consider changing hands when you are tossing off.

Good luck. :cry:

sounds like a richard simmons workout to me. howz this routine gonna reduce arm pump anyways :cry: "run in place & some jacks" ...haha...get real.

they said something to the effect of using aspirin as a blood thinner..i'd be reluctant to do that. good article though. this should be added to the tech articles

sounds like a richard simmons workout to me. howz this routine gonna reduce arm pump anyways :cry: "run in place & some jacks" ...haha...get real.

Don't underestimate push ups. They are real... It strengthens the arm muscles. Thought it was obvious...guess not

Also, 10 to 1 says Richard Simmons would out last you in any cardio routine. :cry: Even at his age...

so by that logic any excercise that works arms would be helpful in alleviating arm pump? fyi, push-ups mainly work your chest + triceps...not really the 1st muscle groups i would target when trying to reduce arm pump. i'm not sayin' they're not of any benefit b/c push-ups are good 4 building upper body strength + such, just not a gr8 excercise to eliminate pumping up.