Sign in to follow this  

carb baffle falls off changing jets

When I am changing jets with the carb on the bike, the baffle won't stay in place so putting the bowl back on is a tricky, time-consuming. challenging task. It obviously falls off every time I try and put the bowl back up.

Is there a trick to this I am missing?

I had the same problem but I fixed it by putting one of those spring clips on the baffle and cutting the ends off so it wouldn't interfere with the float. The cilp I'm talking about is the one on your fuel line that you squeeze with pliers.

When I am changing jets with the carb on the bike, the baffle won't stay in place so putting the bowl back on is a tricky, time-consuming. challenging task. It obviously falls off every time I try and put the bowl back up.

Is there a trick to this I am missing?

I put a small dab of grease on the baffle to hold it.

I had the same problem but I fixed it by putting one of those spring clips on the baffle and cutting the ends off so it wouldn't interfere with the float. The cilp I'm talking about is the one on your fuel line that you squeeze with pliers.

i saw a whole write up with pics about this fix a while back - just cant find it now???

I FOUND IT :cry::cry::cry: ...................................

here is the link

jeff :cry:

if you are just cahnging the main jet, you can do that by reving the 17mm plug in the bottom of the bowl.

unscrew the jet and hold the throttle wide open when screwwing in the new jet

otherwise use grease to hold the baffle