Sign in to follow this  

Dyno runs

My bike is going off to an aftermarket exhaust manufacturer Monday. They are going to be fitting their products to it and will be running baseline and dyno runs with their exhaust systems on it.

Cant wait to see the baseline numbers...

Yes Please post the number as soon as you can I'm holding off on the after market exhaust till I see or here of someone that really notices a difference.

Took the bike in this morning to the fab shop. Should have a baseline dyno sheet Wednesday afternoon. He has baselines for the other 450s as well...

I have allways played nicely, It is others who dont know that what anyone says, is just ones OPINION, and doesnt have to be taken Like its a fact.

Big gun eh,

The make some good exhaust's :cry:

big guns make some really good exhaust but they also make them really loud. please post dyno charts if you get when you get the chance. :cry::cry:

Im going to be getting their low decibal/trail model on mine. They are doing the jetting work and everything. Ill just leave the quite pipe on the thing so I dont have to swwap jetting all the time. It should put out more than enough power even quited down a little... Cant wait to see what they come up with.

Should be tomorrow afternoon or the chart.

be careful examing graphs at low RPM. The operator may have not had bike at WFO at such a low rpm

i recall burned saying on the CRF450 to disregard anything under 4000

The HP for stock is much lower than I expected, maybe that means the bike has a ton or torque? I really wish they'd get #'s for torque as well, but every dyno run I've had I just got the HP curve.

My 2003 YZ450F with a FMF Q got 48hp, and my 2004 KTM 525EXC completely stock on the same dyno got 46hp? This blew me away cause I thought the KTM felt faster in a straigh line drag, but I've talked to several guys that get the same on the EXC's. The SX, get more I believe?

The KTM is all torque, the YZ is all HP. I'd prefer a better balance of both myself. Both bike as fast, but the riding style is different. The KTM can bog 3rd down to nothing and 4th really slow and pull out fast. The YZF needs to be shifted more and kept in the powerband cause it uses RPM's to make power. Sort of like a Race car vs. a Pickup truck in a way. (ie. Ford Ligthtening. :cry:

Anyway's the point is don't get all bent up on these numbers. My 1999 KX250 only makes 43-45 HP (ok before a ton of mods) and I'm still 1 second a lap faster on it then either of the other two bikes. Also the KTM is much less tiring to ride.

I'd trade a couple HP on my YZ for more torque any day. On the KTM I'd prefer a little more HP, as its a torque monster.

Hopefully you got that thing jetted spot on while it was on the dyno, that's the reasons I through my bikes up there. I'm really curious to hear if anyone on the RMZ is having the Accellerator pump problems that some CRF's and many YZF's have had. My KTM shows no signs of it, but then its an enduro bike so it makes sense that it would be less aggressive in the squirt duration.

Ride on, have fun, and ignore all the people that talk down to your bike. I had a 2002 CDale and everyone used to rip it, still I think it was the best bike I've ridden, cause it just ran perfect (ie. no jetting), I did find a really good mechanic to keep it in tip top shape though til they went under and I traded it in.

Cheers,