Sign in to follow this  

Need some suspension setups (SM)

I've just make a ride trough the forests with my SuperMoto, but the suspension is not very good. The front is quite good for what it is (soft but ok) but the rear is not good at all. I like to have some setups of you guys, especially burned ofcourse... :cry:

Thnx!

What year /model is the bike. e model, s model 2000-2005?

What year /model is the bike. e model, s model 2000-2005?

Most guys now that :cry: But i forget to say

It's a 2004 S, SUPERMOTO!!! :cry:

So you don't mean one of these then: 2005drz400supermoto :cry:

Well my suggestion is to base your options on what you want to spend. You could get some nice RACE TECH components and set that baby up sweet for supermoto. But your looking at a nice chunk of change. Thumpertalk is scoring 10% off the racetech prices right now so heads up for that. 10% off race tech pricing through TT

You could play with the settings, have you? You probably want to turn a couple clicks in on the compression setting. You can crank down some preload on the rear spring.

My sag is about 4" now, is that good for SM, or should I go for 3,5" or maybe 4,5"?????

Sounds right. If I'm correct 4" sag is about 110mm's. My bike is at 95mm sag

Your sag should be good at 4". Mine is set around 93 mm which is pretty close to 4". You need to increase your rebound at the rear until the back stops pogo-ing in turns. I run mine at 6 to 8 clicks out from full stiff.

At the front, the best thing I did was going to 10 weight fork oil. I run the rebound at 2 clicks out from full stiff, so I might try 15 weight next time.

Both ends can use more compression damping. Some recommend going full stiff at both end, but I prefer to leave mine backed off a little bit. At the front, I like it to dive on the brakes, but not bottom out. I back the high speed compression all the way out at the rear. This made the bike wallow in g-out situations, so I added a 1/4 turn back in.

These are my general street settings and I have used them on the track too. I am not particularly fast on the track, but that is due to the rider not the bike (so far).

Mike