Sign in to follow this  

ttr 225 maximum borage

hey does anyone know what the maximum is that u can bore a ttr 225 engine out, with out getting a big bore kit. i got one that i wana bore out but i dont wana spend the money to get a big bore kit.

Most big bore kits are nothing more than a bigger piston and wrist pin and rings? You question is based around NEWER tech bikes with very narrow sleeves which might require a new cylinder with cooling jackets. Air cooled bikes rarely have this issue.

Instead of wasting money on this bike which it is obvious you have outgrown, get a ttr250/klx300, or a wr250. You are asking for performance bike power from a starter bike.

I did this with my 1986 XR200 and while it was an improvement (and labor was cheap back then- maybe $250 for porting, 3 angle valve grind, 210 hi-comp piston) is wasn't better than just going out and getting an XR250 or 600.

Save your money for a new bike.

I second that, Neville. Save your money for a different bike. It's really not worth the time and money on a 225. There is only a certain amount of power you can squeak out of a 2-valved beginner bike.