Sign in to follow this  

pro taper kit

I grabbed a pro taper universal kit on ebay for $20 to go with my pro taper 1" 1/8 bars. Does this work nicely on the R. I have run Pro Tapers before but they came on the bike when I bought it so I have no experience with the mounts. Anyone?

Mike, I got the Pro Taper clamps on eBay for $20 too and they work perfectly. Hopefully you got the ones that require the rubber inserts? Use your stock inserts and everything works great. :cry:

I had the same one's on my 450, they'll work fine as long as they are the universal rubber mount like Weez stated. I have a set of Pro-Tapers and mounts ready to go on the 250 but haven't put them on yet.

It says it works on bikes with non rubber mounted bars so I might not have the right ones. It is sold on ebay by doublezero if anyone can check it out for me. Thanks.

It says it works on bikes with non rubber mounted bars so I might not have the right ones. It is sold on ebay by doublezero if anyone can check it out for me. Thanks.

I orderd at set from him and they are a universal mount kit that sit on the stock bar mounts,not a replacement of the stock bar mounts.They will work but you will have to run a mid or low bend bar as they will sit higher now. The guy is a decent bloke maybe he might take them back from you,worth asking IMO if you dont wanna go that route

This is what I bought

http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/f3/bd/69_1_b.JPG

Here is my problem with the clamp... I'm 5'11 and on my yz125 my protaper setup was great I loved it. The day I got my 05 CRF250R I put the bars on it right away. After 3 months of riding I realized the reason my elbows were always down was the bars were too high. This hit me when I read the dirtrider shootout and now I put the stock bars back on and feel like I have a lot more control and my elbows are up. So this is something to consider before changing the bars. It may be good for taller riders but I think if you are under 6' stick to the stock bars.