Sign in to follow this  

Suggested retail prices raised by honda

so the suggested retail for the CRF250X is now $6399. good thing i got mine just before they raised their prices.

Sadly, I think we're going to be seeing alot of this. With the US Dollar doing so poorly, a lot of mfgr's have been biting the bullet, but a few have decided to spit it out with price increases.I know GasGas just annouced an across-the-board increase...others will follow.

I can remember when KTM, in 1986, hit the streets with a 250 that cost $3000 :cry: ....and people were saying,"who would pay 3 grand for a dirt bike?". It's hard to find anything that runs for 3 grand now :cry:

The big jump in retail prices really hurt the motorcycle market back in the late 80's/early 90's.It looks like that cycle is coming around again.

Hmmm.. I'm pickup up an '05 250X tomorrow for $5950 OTD... How's that compare to what others have paid?

-Mike

Hmmm.. I'm pickup up an '05 250X tomorrow for $5950 OTD... How's that compare to what others have paid?

-Mike

Mike, if haven't called Danny at Tri-County Honda in Petersburg, WV, you need to. He quoted me at 5350.00 OTD for an 04 250X. I ended up getting the R for 5150.00 OTD. No sales tax either unless you're looking to dual-sport it. Then you have to pay up to the mighty DMV.

You can call him at (304)257-4420 and he'll quote you the out the door price right then and there. He doesn't play any games and what he says he'll charge is what you'll pay. I've bought two bikes from him and both times the experience was awesome. If you haven't call him, it's worth it. I saved over 1400.00 between the two bikes I bought.

It's about two hours from where you live but that's a small price to pay for a couple thousand in savings. I just called him and he says he doesn't have any '05s in stock but that Theresa ( I think that's his wife) can probably order one. He does have a couple of '04s still that are new and he quoted me $5295.00 OTD for them but also said Theresa would most likely give you a bunch off that price to move them out of there.

Also, Shanendoah Honda will get you OTD with an '05 for about $5700.00 after taxes?

Mike, if haven't called Danny at Tri-County Honda in Petersburg, WV, you need to. He quoted me at 5350.00 OTD for an 04 250X. I ended up getting the R for 5150.00 OTD. No sales tax either unless you're looking to dual-sport it. Then you have to pay up to the mighty DMV.

You can call him at (304)257-4420 and he'll quote you the out the door price right then and there. He doesn't play any games and what he says he'll charge is what you'll pay. I've bought two bikes from him and both times the experience was awesome. If you haven't call him, it's worth it. I saved over 1400.00 between the two bikes I bought.

Wow, that sounds pretty good.. However, I'm guessing an '05 would be a bit higher. Also, I plan to DS it so I'd end up paying the sales tax anyway.. I guess I could still save a hundred or more, but I'm pretty much ready to pick up tomorrow. Besides, this shop is much closer to home, treating me really well as a repeat customer, and I'm getting some personalized service from the owner who's a rider himself (I'm friends with one of his buddies who's an ex-employee). He's gonna give me a lot of assistance with getting it tagged. Thanks for the info though..

-Mike

Wow, that sounds pretty good.. However, I'm guessing an '05 would be a bit higher. Also, I plan to DS it so I'd end up paying the sales tax anyway.. I guess I could still save a hundred or more, but I'm pretty much ready to pick up tomorrow. Besides, this shop is much closer to home, treating me really well as a repeat customer, and I'm getting some personalized service from the owner who's a rider himself (I'm friends with one of his buddies who's an ex-employee). He's gonna give me a lot of assistance with getting it tagged. Thanks for the info though..

-Mike

Damn, your quicker than me. I called Shenandoah Honda (where I got my 250R) and David will get you OTD for about $5700.00 taxes included? Where did you get the quote for $5950?

D'oh, I missed the last part about the leftover '04 models.. I need to pay closer attention... Now that's real tempting.. As for Shenandoah, I did check with them and the actual savings after taxes is about $177. I decided the stick with these guys because of the distance and service I'm getting.

-Mike

Damn, your quicker than me. I called Shenandoah Honda (where I got my 250R) and David will get you OTD for about $5700.00 taxes included? Where did you get the quote for $5950?

Darn... he's making this very difficult for me!! :cry: Via email, he said $5499 + 5% sales tax, which was about $5774. Now he's quoting even less???

The $5950 is from MFI in Woodbridge. Man, after all the talking I've done with the dude there, I'd feel bad about busting his balls to change the price now or backing out all together. :cry:

-Mike

D'oh, I missed the last part about the leftover '04 models.. I need to pay closer attention... Now that's real tempting.. As for Shenandoah, I did check with them and the actual savings after taxes is about $177. I decided the stick with these guys because of the distance and service I'm getting.

-Mike

That's cool. Is it Manassas Honda by any chance? I've done quite a bit of business with them and they've been great. One of the best service departments in the area. Congrats on the new ride too! Now go find those trails off Linton Hall Rd.!

No, not Manassas Honda (see above edit).. They actually quoted the same price, but because of the service that the MFI owner is giving me, I went with them..

However, now you really have me thinking about those '04s out in WV :cry: I should ask how low they'll go.

-Mike

No, not Manassas Honda (see above edit).. They actually quoted the same price, but because of the service that the MFI owner is giving me, I went with them..

However, now you really have me thinking about those '04s out in WV :cry: I should ask how low they'll go.

-Mike

It's your money. I wouldn't rush into it and then be sorry later. Either way, you're going to be so stoked with the bike that the extra couple hundred bucks probably won't bother you too much.

Let me know if you're thinking about selling your DRZ too. I'm really considering getting something that's dual-sported.

My question is this: If we do see increases in the sale price of these machines will the resale value go up as well? I feel that Honda has the best resale value because of the hardware that they use, ease of maintenance and the fact that you can scotch brite the aluminum frames and throw on 100 bucks of new plastic and the bike looks new. My last bike was a used cr125. I bought it for $2500, put new plastics on and completely took it apart and cleaned everything and then sold it for $3000.

Just thought I would see what you all thought.

Abernathys in Tennessee..........2005 CRF 250 X = $5399

I assume that is pre-tax and any other fees? If that's OTD, then nice deal.

Either way, you're going to be so stoked with the bike that the extra couple hundred bucks probably won't bother you too much.

Let me know if you're thinking about selling your DRZ too. I'm really considering getting something that's dual-sported.

You've got that right!!! I'm stoked already and I haven't even ridden it yet!!! :cry: Sorry, I sold the DR-Z to help pay for the 250X. That's why I plan to DS the new bike. It won't see much road time, but I gotta have it for the Shenandoah 500 DS ride in the fall.

-Mike

He quoted me at 5350.00 OTD for an 04 250X.

If you want an '04, I understand that there are pretty big incentives on them, so that's probably a real price.

Abernathys in Tennessee..........2005 CRF 250 X = $5399

If that price is for a new bike and includes all taxes, fees, etc., that's a steal!! Better check that the VIN isn't scratched off :cry: .

I worked at a local Honda shop in 1989. The dollar took a dive that year as well. I remember all of us sales people freaking out when the CR 250 price increased from 3099.00 to 4099.00 overnight!

The screwy thing was this. Any bike in stock was bought at the old prices. Any new bikes shipped in after a certain date were at the higher price. Most models went up by 1000.

The shop tried to be reasonable about the whole thing, but it failed. How coudl you seriously explain to someone that the Black and Grey CRB 600 was 3099, but the Red and White one sold for 4099.00.

In short, dont pay the marked up price. If the bike has been in stock for any length of time it is priced at the old level. Salempeople are usually paid a commission on the PROFIT of the entire package. 5%-10% is the usual rate. This does not sound like much, but the bike had profit built in. freight and set-up was always inflated. Document fees were charged. Most people also bought an extended warranty.

It's about two hours from where you live but that's a small price to pay for a couple thousand in savings. I just called him and he says he doesn't have any '05s in stock but that Theresa ( I think that's his wife) can probably order one. He does have a couple of '04s still that are new and he quoted me $5295.00 OTD for them but also said Theresa would most likely give you a bunch off that price to move them out of there.

Also, Shanendoah Honda will get you OTD with an '05 for about $5700.00 after taxes?

Holy Moly, Kevin! I might have to jump on that!!

Are there any significant changes between the '04s and '05s that would make paying the difference worthwhile?