Sign in to follow this  

chain

im picking my bike up sat morning 05 crf450r. what chain do you guys recommend. I can't find the thread that had all the details about the chain, sprocket, etc..

Any quality x or o ring chain will do, and (don't listen to anyone else) an Ironman sprocket. Cheapest place to buy would probably be TT store, or qualitysmart online (shop owner's a TT member and gives great deals).

I run a DID 520VM X-Ring chain and no complaints what so ever. Wash the bike after riding and blast the chain with some WD-40. No maintenance, long lasting chain. Don't forget to shim the countershaft sprocket.

I say stay with the stock chain.It is way better than any x or o-ring chain. And it last forever. :cry:

Just kidding. :cry:

I say stay with the stock chain.It is way better than any x or o-ring chain. And it last forever. :cry:

Just kidding. :cry:

:cry::cry::cry: Especially if you never start it.

RK X-rings were a bit cheaper here and just as good. We just got approved as a dealer for the Stealth sprockets and I can't wait to try one. Steel outer ring and aluminum center, got to be a interesting sprocket!

RK GB520MXZ (non-oring) works for me. Get the black one so that you can scrub it with a nice stiff wire brush and not have to worry about rubbing off the gold (bling ) color. This chain lasted me two years on a CR500. The key to chain preservation is you never wash your bike with it on. You remove it when you get done riding and throw it in a plastic bag with some WD40 or Triflow or your choice of lube so that it dont rust. When you get a round to clean it--clean it in solvent and a wire brush and rinse with clean solvent --then blow it out with compressed air--then put it in a plastic bag with WD40 or Triflow or chain lube for a few days--then wipe it off with a rag and install.