Sign in to follow this  

digital speedo, how do I?

Hi,

just got a new 05 400 exc, the digital speedo is in KPH, is there any way to convert it or set it to MPH?

Cheers in advance

Steve

I just figured mine out last night. Hold the circle button for 3sec. Then use the +- buttons to navigate and circle button to select. Its the first thing in the manual.

I worked out the change to mph and its fine except for the max speed section which still reads in kph. Is there any way of changing this?

Also the orange lighting on mine only lights up the left half (speedo) of the screen and the rest is just grey like an led or bulb has blown in the other half.

Does anyone know how these things are lit and what is correct?

cheers Nick.

I don't suppose this new fangled digital speedometer measures engine hours too does it?? :cry:

HI,

I can just see everyone's eyes rolling up on this request, the bike is new but the manual did not come with it, I left it in shop :cry: DOH

Steve

If it's similar to the 03/04 unit in function, it will measure hours but not directly from the engine. It's more like hours the bike is moving since it's triggered by when the front wheel rolls enough to turn the unit on. That should be accurate enough for most folks, though.

Nick,

The max speed in kph only seems to be a common problem with the 05 odo. I'm not sure if there's a fix or if you need to ask for a new unit, though.

OK. Got speedo set now :cry:

But coming home tonight I notice the thing does not have any back lights, its just grey so you cant read it in dark :cry:

Is this correct or as above post implies, is there a fault with it?

Thanks again.

Steve

Steve, It back lights in orange. Mine comes on every time I even roll the bike in my garage..

SoCal