Sign in to follow this  

Anyone here ever deal with AURORA CYCLES in oragon??

Hi im from ohio & i sent a motor to aurora cycles in aroura oragon & its been a nightmare ever since.Just wondering if anyone else out that way has ever done business with them & if so what kind of work & service did you recieve?

Here is a link to my ongoing post about my whole experiance with this motor work & with this place of business. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213057

Please read this before doing ANY business with them because this mite change your mind or at least let you know what you mite be getting into.Im not really trying ot bash them just want to know if im the only one thats had problems with them & to let others know how ive been treated.Thanks & leave stories if youve delt with them.

Yes. My friend has a 97 CR500. He took the cylinder in to have it bored .020 and bought a new piston. He reassembled the topend and we went for a ride. It just never ran right and seemed to rattle. After a few rides he tore it back down and took the cylinder somewhere else to have it checked out with the piston. Upon inspection the cylinder was found to be inconsistant through the bore. We figured instead of running a boring bar through it, they honed it until the piston fit. The center of the bore was much looser than the top and bottom. I will never go there.

Well thanks for the info guys, i guess i should have asked before i sent it to them.They came very highly recomended by a racer from this site that i believed to be very honest & trustworthy. Maybe he just had alot better luck with his stuff.

Hi im from ohio & i sent a motor to aurora cycles in aroura oragon & its been a nightmare ever since.Just wondering if anyone else out that way has ever done business with them & if so what kind of work & service did you recieve?

That sucks, I've never done business w/ them and now I never will, they are only about 7 mi down the road from me, PM me if there is anything I can do? Rattle their cage? :cry:

Super Dave

They are an hour or so up the road from me but I'd be happy to make a trip that way if I can be of any help, I have no problems being an a**hole :cry: You can either reply here or pm me.

Let us know when you get your engine back.

:cry::D:D sounds like a quick road trip is in order.. Nothing like knowing 48,000 motorcycle enthusiasts are watching,, and displeased with your work ethic.

Keep in mind... UPS will not work for you.. Only the shipper. As there "contract" is with them,,not the receiver.. This has drove me nuts in the past....damaged goods.. I paid for....I ordered....And yet,, I have to wait ion a company,,who has already been paid,, to do the foot work,,and paper work to get the claim in progress. :cry::cry::cry::cry::devil::devil:

Ive beeen in the store a few times. There prices are good on some things. They are just outside my city. I have friends that have bought things at good prices. the gal there is nice. I dont know about the work they do. Purchasing produst would probally be safe.

Super Dave, the guy that refered you to the shop is the shop owners son. He is the only guy that they sponsor for super-moto. I talked to the kid myself, he is a little high school punk, thinks he knows everything.

Keep in mind... UPS will not work for you.. Only the shipper. As there "contract" is with them,,not the receiver...

Bronco, I had good luck with UPS busting a motorcycle part. I sent a 1980 Kawasaki KX125 cylinder to a local shop to be sent out and resleeved and was supposed to get it back with a new piston (was so worn out...). Well, I called, they said its in, scooted down there in quick fashion thinking I was going to be riding that weekend and they open the box, nothing done to the cylinder :cry: Well, upon inspection, the shop that was going to sleeve it didnt do it because the little cable anchor on the cylinder was busted off from UPS on the trip down there. The shop was one step ahead by not fixing this damaged cylinder. The dealer I sent it through called and I waited for my answer right there on the spot. Well, as it turns out, UPS just to order me a brand new OE Kawasaki cylinder. So I ended up with a std bore. Bought a new piston and that was that. I didnt even have to pay a single dime. I had planned on paying $125 (cost for sleeving and new piston with rings) so I was stoked.

Super Dave, the guy that refered you to the shop is the shop owners son. He is the only guy that they sponsor for super-moto. I talked to the kid myself, he is a little high school punk, thinks he knows everything.

Is this true??? If so it should be a lesson to all of us about how much we may or may not know about the person on the other end of the message.

Well i definatly appreciate the help some of you have offered & that makes me feel good about the kind of people that come on this site... we all stick together.

I talked to the lady there (yes shes very nice on the phone) and they are working with UPS & getting me the money to fix the damage.One the the ladies sons works for ups so it helps i guess in getting this taken care of.At first he couldnt do anything because i had already filed a claim with ups here.So im hoping to have an answer on this matter this week.I have the engine here & its been here messed up for 3 weeks now.

No the guy that refered me to them is an older guy & not their son.

Super Dave...I've read most of all the posts for both threads. I feel bad for you as it could happen to me. I do not deal with poor performance from other people very well...which makes me a hypocrit!

About Aurora Cycle...my 2 cents. I have been to their shop once, when I was looking for a CRF450. A private party had his bike on consignment there so I went to look at it. His bike was not what he described, in my opinion, and when I asked questions or to start the bike, the gal (I believe she is Mrs. Owner) was polite and accommodating. She was surprisingly honest with her opinion about the bike too, even though there was money to be lost if I didn't buy. When I asked to hear the bike running, she called to the shop and had a guy come out and fire it up. He is the one referred to in an earlier post as a punk high schooler.

In this deal, I think you got screwed...for sure. No blame at all. And while it was only a one-time meeting, and the kid had an edge (wouldn't you if you were a top racer, traveling all over and winning? I know I would have been unbearable - "Start the friggin bike for the wanker yourself mom, I'm busy text messaging my agent!"), I have a hard time believing them to be as bad as this situation has played out. Maybe that's hard to understand.

Anayway, I don't expect my path to cross with theirs in terms of motor needs, but if it does, and because of your experience, I will not go to them for service unless they, themselves, can convince me they made things right with you and you are singing their praises in Stanton or Toledo (or wherever you hail). :cry:

Best of luck to you!

Flying-W

Geez I drove by there last week and I thought I saw a sign out front wanting to sell the property or the business?? It looked like they weren't open anymore???

I've been in there a few times over the last 20 years or so, or however long they've been in business but only for some odds and ends, they used to have good prices on some things. It's a pretty rinky dink little hole in the wall shop. They do repair work and sell some tires and a few parts and stuff. It didn't look like any place I'd want to have any work done. I never heard any stories about him being any sort of rip off artist or anything like that. Maybe he is now and nobody told me???

Good luck. I'm only about 20 miles from there but I doubt there is anything I could do to help. :cry:

I did give them a call, and they told a total stranger (me) that they were working on the issue with UPS. that was more than they should have told an anonymous caller. Good luck

Hey thanks for the call!! Yeah i mean they seem to be nice on the phone & im not really accusing them of being a rip off artist ( i havent got to try the work yet and still waitting on my air filter & old parts back) just that they were really slow at getting the work done......never there to answer the phone (Mr. owner does the shop work & wont answer the phone) so if Mrs owner is gone for any reason then you cant get in touch to find anything out.Like i say it the slow service.....not answeringthe phones.... lack of comunication......and noit returning phone calls thats got me so upset.I should know by the weekend or first of the week how well the work is & how it runs as i ordered my broken parts today & they should be here in 4 days they (the yamaha dealer) said.

Thanks to everyone whos felt my pain & has offered to help.

Well its been a week & a half now & no word on my money for the damages or my old parts or the air filter that i paid for a month ago.Ive called & called & no answer.I talked to someone else there Sat & they were supposed to call me back but of course they didnt.I emailed them 4 times this week & i told them if i didnt get some answers by tomorrow 7 get the stuff i already paid for i was gonna call my lawyer & go that route.I mite have to call the beter business buroe (sp) as well.

Are you sure a visit is not in order???? I live within a couple of hours and if you want I could make a trip up there in person. Or at the very least make a call and gather a few others to do the same. Let me know what you want/need me to do and I'll help any way I can. I do know that there are a lot of riders from the portland area which is even closer.

You can either reply to this thread or pm me. Anyone else want to get in on a visit to this place for our TT brother?