Sign in to follow this  

Do you think the '06 will have...

Major changes or normal changes?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Major changes or normal changes?

• Yes
    • No

Aluminum frame and warming over of the engine. Or do you think it will have the regular new year changes?

aluminum frame is pretty much guaranteed but i think the engine will be relativley similiar to the 05's maybe new shroud designs too jus to make the bike different..... prolly improved handling also thats all i can think of that yamaha will do in one year but you nvr know they're yamaha :cry:

You need another option - "who cares it's a yammy and i'd buy it even if it was steam powered"

The owner of my dealership said it (aluminum frame) will not be out in '06. Yamaha doesnt want to play catch up just to ride on the coattails of honda. The aluminum frame is enevitable but look for something different added tothe yamaha to attract or keep buyers.

Interesting. Any more info what this could be?

Carbon fiber frame so we can pay $10,000 for a new bike :cry:

no... the 06 will have the aluminum frame. i was just at waynes cycle shop, and they told me i could get a big discount on the 05 because the 06 will be having an aluminum frame. so not many people will want the 05. not a doubt in my mind. thats where most of their work will take place. they will dominate all of the other 250f unmerciffially.. they already do. but then it will be no question. the only thing they have against them now is the top heavy thing. but id rather have that then be constantly worrying about valves :cry::cry:

You know its funny, with all this talk about an aluminum frame and seeing that the CRF250X still weighs the same as the '05WR250 (well, listed weights anyway), I'm wondering what the benefit of the aluminum frame is? It doesn't seem to be the "lightweightness". :cry:

well the aluminum frame did drop the yz125 10 pounds. it wasn't the frame alone that did that, but a whole lot of aluminum and weight starts dropping. if they could shave 5 pounds off the yz250f then it will be a huge success. the lightest 250f is the honda by about 3 pounds. it dosn't seem as if hondas goal with their aluminum frame is to save much weight. when the yz125 had its steal frame then it was still about the same as the cr125. but now with aluminum frame, its by far the lightest bike in its class. it has the same dryweight as my ttr125le :cry::cry::cry:

what kind of deal do you guys think I could get on an 05, with all this aluminum frame talk for next year?

Not sure about your state but in the bay area, CA all the dealers I have called are sold out of 04 YZ 250Fs. I even called some Oregon dealers and they were sold out. The dealers that did have one wanted list because the bike is so popular they have no reason to work deal on it because they know it will sell. But in other states you always get way better deals than CA. My friend got a left over 04 YZ 250F for $4900 OTD from East Bay Motorsports a few months back and that is a total deal for CA.

weight savings over their current steel frame will probably be marginal, but if they do switch to aluminum hopefully they will lower the seat height and center of gravity.

i am strongly considering a kxf for 06 if yamaha doesnt lower the 06 yzf, (and yes i would put up with adjusting valves every month for something that handles well).

weight savings over their current steel frame will probably be marginal, but if they do switch to aluminum hopefully they will lower the seat height and center of gravity.

I wouldnt say that, the yz250 lost 5 pounds going aluminum. It will be substantial and a huge difference in feeling. The 3 pounds weight loss from 02 to 03 was amazing feeling, this should be even better.

the yamaha website should most likely have the bikes up by late may early june like they always do.... but most people wont have the bikes till mid fall it will be very hard to get them in september if a lot of people want it