Icon Field Armor vs. sixsixone Assault

Anyone used either of these? I am trying to decide between these two vests...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4524908345&category=35580&sspagename=WDVW

and

http://www.mtbz.com/mountainboard_accessories/661_assault.htm

The sixsixone has a good name, shoulder and upper arm protection.

The Icon has what looks like hard chest, back, and kidney protection.

I want something that will be somewhat cool in the summer and give me good chest protection.

Any ideas?

Do a search... you'll find that none of them are comfortable in hot weather.

I almost bought a 661, but wanted the long sleeves. Problem: It would not adjust long enough to properly fit my elbows.

Even while trying them on in the air-conditioned showroom I broke a sweat and got uncomfortable.

I ended up buying an Ocelot plastic unit, and 4 rides later without wearing it, took it back and exchanged it for a set of barkbusters.

I'll heal, the bike won't ?

I have been buying armer for car dodging myself and was vary impressed with the Icon products I had my hands on. Icon is more for street then racing according to there web sight. I have not had my hands on any sixsixone. About every thing is made in Chine now, if not you pay twice the price.

I don't think being cool in the summer in one of those suits is any concern at all for a street rider. Street riding doesn't take much effort and you'll get lots of air flow as long as whatever you're wearing over it is vented. I wear an Aerostich Roadcrafter on the street and vented leathers when roadracing. Both are hot when sitting still but vented well enough to be fine once moving. As far as chest protection, I've never heard of a street rider (or roadracer for that matter) wearing chest protection. Personally, I wouldn't use one of these suits on the street. They don't offer any abrasion resistance so you'll have to wear a leather or cordura jacket over it. These things are too bulky to fit under a jacket. You might as well just buy a jacket with built in armor and a separate back protector.

I just got a 661 Pressure Suit last week from

this place for offroad use. I couldn't pass up the $95 price tag. It's pretty bulky so I'm not sure I'm going to like it. I'm going woods riding tommorrow so I'll find out.

Thanks for the info guys... that 72$ price is nuts.. I am ordering that one today.

I got to try on a 661 assault last night at a mountain bike shop... fits very well, a pain to get off.. the soft spine protection is good, the chest protection is just a very thin pad. The assault looks like it would be very comfortable in the summer, but I dont think it would protect me any better than my Fieldsheer jacket.

The Icon looks like awesome upper torso protection... I dont know if I would ear it every day to work... but for longer rides I think it would be great piece of mind to have.... When it is really hot out and you want to ride with no sleeves you could easily just put this vest on for the spine and chest protection.... hopefully it wouldnt get too hot... I hope my idea of filling up my 100oz Camelback with ice will help....