Sign in to follow this  

Kick stand kill switch and fuel tank evaporator.

I don't know too much about the fuel tank evaporation system on my new 05 DRZ 400s. Is this something I can take off keeping my metal tank? If I can, how do I do it? Also, in reference to the kick stand kill switch, do I just unbolt that thing to disable it, or does it just unplug?

Look at Bronco's FAQs.

On the fuel tank, there is another thread within the last day that has the answers.

On the kill switch, if you unplug the wires at the main wiring harness, the bike thinks the stand is down. Most of us remove the switch, cut the wires and solder them together, leaving the connector in place at the wiring harness, sot he circuit is permanently completed. An open circuit (ie, jsut unplugging it) will mean the bike wont start.

As has been suggested.. Follow that link to the thread we just had today on CA fuel tanks.

On the kick stand switch... I prefer to remove the plug under the seat,,, gut it off at the wiring harness side,, soldier the two wires togeather use some heat shrink tape and liquid tape to seal the joint. That way I have removed all of the possible open circuts that could later cause a problem.