Sign in to follow this  

750cc Honda Single Cyl XR???

Yes, it is possible to go from 589 to over 750cc. I am wondering how many guys would be interested in putting a big bore stroker kit in their XR? The motors didnt change from 1983 to 2003 and i have built a trick prototype.

A friend and i got into this grudge thing. We each had 600's. He rides yamaha and i ride Honda. After we each had every available performance part (and max porting) he went out and had his bike stroked to 654cc. Couldnt find anyone to stroke mine so i designed my own set up. Not gonna give you the particulars here but it ends up 777cc and flies.

JE made the pistons and they would not make just one so i had to have three made. Same with the sleeves from LA sleeve. So i have some extra parts.

Just thought i would post this to see if there where enough other pysco's out there to make it worth my while to put a kit together. Are there?

Trying to figure out how to post the pics of my '89...........

Don

Go to www.imagestation.us

register [its free]

browse and upload the picture

right click the bottom link, when its done uploading, and click copy.

Reply to your post here, and click on the icon that looks like the mountains.

Delete the "http://" thats there already, right click and past the URL into the image box.

Add any other comments and click submit.

now hurry up, I want to see an XR750!

Robert :cry:

Sounds great. The main reason I wanted an XR600 was for the effortless grunt and reliability. I'd be keen to have a go at this but would it be as reliable as the stock motor??

the motor?? yes, very dependable.

the trans? that will depend on how you ride it. found out the hard way.....dont try to shift it like a two stroke or the torque will blow the trans eventually.

the bike wheelies on the street with throttle only in 3rd, with clutch in 4th, so there is really no reason to speed shift it anyway. it would loop you if you speed shifted 3rd with traction!

effortless grunt??? you cant even imagine, have to ride it!

just an arm and a leg.

it is not an inexpensive kit. i have another couple grand in the head.