Sign in to follow this  

Pics of my broken leg.

Dude, that is HUGE! It looks like it was compound - was it? Are you going to tell us how it happened?

Heal quickly, and remember, when it comes to pain killers, friends share!

Dan.

You do good work,.... :cry:

looks like you sheared the bones at the top of a boot or the bottom of a brace????

good luck, it's been 1 yr since I fractured my knee in 3 places...

I don't bounce like I use to..

Chem

When did you work this little bit of magic?

and better yet,, where?

Chem

Well done. It was exactly one year ago when my right leg was shattered a little lower than yours, and my left foot was broken. I know how crazy I was sitting around and not riding. I feel sorry for you. Good luck on a full recovery.

Wow...Im not a doctor but that looks pretty bad :cry: ... Anyway, Good Luck with rehab, not fun but you gotta do it..... How did you do it? :cry:

OOOOOOH....I bet that felt really good.....have fun sitting around watching t.v. and getting on the comp. all day.I feel for you man....not with you,just for you.Hope you feel better. :cry:

Oh man..... that looks painful :cry::cry::cry:

Hope you heal up quickly !

OK OK OK...what's up with this???

You CALL yourself a YZF, and then TAKE pictures of a CRF?!?!?!?!?!

Ok, so you 'maybe' broke your leg...or are THOSE fake pictures as well?!?!?!

LOL LOL LOL

Just kiddin', good luck with the rehab while at home mending......remember to NOT watch Oprah...sheesh, that'll ruin ya LONG before any broken bones!!!

DAMN!!! Good thing you're still young. You'll heal up in no time. Enjoy the time off. We're all still wondering how it happend. So what is the scoop?

Wow guys! Thanks for all the replys!

It happend at a indoor supercross in Rapid City SD. On Dec. 11

I had just passed a guy for the lead, over a double. It was the first double in a rythem section,( double,double,double,double.) So I hit the first one, It was a nice double, But the next double in the section was really mis perportionate, the jump was really small but the gap was preety big, I didnt have enough speed to clear it smoothly so I was trying to land front end high to get the front wheel over the landing. I remember landing, and then the bike starting to swap, The next thing I know im off the right side of the bike hanging on to the handle bars, heading for the next double. I swerved towards the edge of the track, but there was a big 2 foot ledge on the side of the track, I hit the edge and it made me twist the throttle, Flipping me in the air, and throwing my bike at the fence seperating the track form the pits. And somtime in the midst off all this I broke my leg. I remeber fealling it snap, and I know it was towards the end of the crash, But its not real clear.

So Im laying there, But my leg doesnt hurt that bad, so I start to roal over, because I was laying on my belly. Im looking down at my leg when I roal over, and my knee went straight, but my foot stayed laying on the ground! I knew I screwed up then. I am still amazed that it didnt hurt that bad. It was a compound facture, there was alot of blood in the ol' tech 8.

I have to say, The most painfull part of the whole ordeal, was the Doc pulling the boot off!! I didnt have ANY pain meds in me, because the EMT's could not get a IV in me if there lifes depended on it!! I had 1 EMT on each arm, poking away, They tried 7 times in my right arm and 3 in my left!!! They said screw it, let the nurse get it!! SO Im laying there on the bed in the ER, and here comes the Doc, he says well lets get that boot off! I said there is no way in hell that your cutting of mybrand new precious Tech 8's. He says well, well just pull it off then. I wadded up a wash cloth and stufed it in my mouth, And im waiting for the pain to begin. I thought the brake was higher than it actually was, so I though it would hurt right away, But it didnt. So he gets the boot almost all the way off, and im like, well that wasnt that bad, He has my heal laying in the calf part of the boot, and then he just, drops the boot out of the way. And thats wehn the pain started!! When the boot wasnt holding my ankle up anymore, It just fell, I felt my foot drop and hang by the skin! I said HOLY SHIT !!!!! my mom screams OH MY GOD and starts balling!

The doc says YEP thats a good one, we'll get ya into surgery in a half hour.

the sugery went well, it only took him 30 min. to get it done.

I spent 2 days in the hospitle, and then I got to go home.

I just got off the crutches and now im in a walking cast. Ill be back riding in 2 months.

As for the bike, I had just put a new CHM system on it before the race, and sure enough, it bent the mid pipe preety good. And it also bent the subframe,and handle bars.

So The bike total was. $600

And my total was $20,000

Hey YZ,

That's about the ONLY race I've missed during the indoor series!!!

Are you coming to watch next weekend? What about the following weekend when they have the indoor enduro? I'm hoping to help with the track build.....

I see A lot of posts about broken bones.Thats why I race Flattrack.In 9 years that I have been racing I have never broken A bone.I have seen other people break their leg and i've seen A few broken collarbones but they are few and far between.I've had some road rash and I have injured both my knees but that's minor scrapes compared to compound fractures,rehab.out of work etc.

Don't get me wrong I love MX and give props to the people that do it. :cry:

I watch every race I can and go to A few during the year.I trail ride and do some small jumps but i'm too old for bone crushing big air. :cry:

Good luck with your recovery.

Looks like you're going to be setting off metal detectors at the airport for the rest of your life. Get well soon.