Sign in to follow this  

Any dune rmz's?

Hi I am getting a new 450 in a week or two. I have a 02 crf and love it. I ride almost straight dunes. So if someone has a chance to ride one in the dunes let me know how it does. I think the five speed honda will have an advantage for racing up sand mtn but who knows.

I plan on throwing some sand with mine. It feels like you could literally tear up any dune I have seen in 3rd gear. Should be a blast!

Wanting to trade my 18" paddle for a 19" but having no luck...

I Have An 05 Rmz-450 I Ride In Some Dunes In South Fla. There Not Huge But They Are Fun. The Bike Is Unbeleivable In The Sand I Was Surpriced It Will Still Lift The Front Wheel Even If Im Leaning Forward

i have ran my 05 in 3 beach races, 2 in france (15/48 gearing) where the sand is like flour and one in the U.K. (15/45 gearing) where it cuts in deep and turns into sludge, The big zook pulls both sets of gearing no problem and out drags just about everything apart from the sponsored riders and Dakar bikes. The four speed box is more of a bonus, just stick it in third and let it rip then just snick it up into fourth for the straights. you'll love it.

The sand is really where you can feel the power(torque)difference of the 4 stroke compared to a 2 stroke.POWER TO THE GROUND. :thumbsup:

Stick with a new Honda or go with a yami they have more power for the sand and the five speeds are better in the wide open dunes