Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse for XR400R

So I am not sure whether this has been covered on this forum but at the risk of a repeat I wanted to talk a little about the Z-start autoclutch for the XR400 (in my case the 03). I noticed that there was no stated coverage for the XR400 on the Rekluse product page. I sent a message to the sales department and asked if and when a model for the XR400 would be available.

The response was unfortunate in that the current base model with minor differences will not work with the XR400 (based on preliminary testing). The estimate was 6 to 8 months for a model for the XR400.

I find the Rekluse clutch very interresting in that it has an external adjustment and judging from what I have read is pretty tough and well thought of as far as how it performed. In all reality 6 to 8 months is not that long, unless you would buy one right now given the opportunity.

Slider69 :cry:

I just went through the same drill - I sure hope that isn't a 'canned statement' that Rekluse has been using for all of the XR4 inquiries that have been coming in since they have been in business...

I will say that Rekluse has had some great 'package deals' for the TT'ers here in the Pac NW at some of their group rides, and their customer support has been reported as second to none. :cry:

Revloc makes an auto-clutch for the XR4, but it's $925.00 plus a $2-300 core charge for the clutch hub and basket!! :cry:

At that price, I'm willing to see what Rekluse comes up with in "6 to 8 months".

Rekluse has been telling me 6-8 months since I first contacted them back in 2002. Last summer I went with another brand. EFM I think. Thumbs Up I love it. It was about the same price as the Rekluse. :cry::cry:

Thanks for the reply fellas, I am leaning more toward a pumper carb until there is a little more competition in the autoclutch market. Which means that if Rekluse comes out with one in the next year or if Revloc gets cheaper I am going to get one.

best regards

-Slider69 :cry:

get the carb first it transforms the bike.. then look at a fancy clutch.

i liked the look of the rekluse but I don't think it'll happen

Julian

Rekluse has been telling me for *years* that a unit for my XR300 would be available "... in a couple of months". :) I finally realized that it's not going to ever happen. It's just not cost justified for them. The XR250/XR400 line just isn't hot anymore. :) It's all about the newer CRF line; they have units available for all of those models.

Our beloved XRs are old dogs as far as they're concerned. :p

It's too bad as I figure an auto-clutch with a hand-operated rear brake would be the hot set-up for tight woods riding.

Dale