Sign in to follow this  

throttle

i just did my vortex throttle and was just wondering why it seams like everyone has bought a rm, or new cable instead of modifying there stock one? i looked in the search and it looked like people were buying rm throttle cables and then trying to find someone to modify it for them, for what seems to be a hefty price. just curious of if anyone has keep there stock one for this.

mike

the drz cable doesnt have the proper adjuster at the throttle.

so either you source that adjuster or you buy a rm cable and modify it with a drz adjuster at the carb end.

however you want to go about it is up to you.

all we did was mod. the drz cable and use a clutch adjuster at the throttle for adjustment and it works just fine, can you explain more on why you do not use the drz cable because we had no problem with it working.

becuase some people like it to be a factory looking conversion.not a clutch adjuster in a throttle.the inner diameter of that clutch adjuster is to big for throttle cable.keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt bind or pop out ofthe adjuster,

im sure it works fine.just not quite as sano as i and other like to do things.

also,some people want to keep the drz cable intact.in my case when i build cables the carb end adjuster is easier to come by.i cut them off of old throttle cables.

however you go about it is up to you. :cry: