Sign in to follow this  

Need a new front tire, any suggestions? Feedback wanted

On monday, I'm getting a new front tire. My Brigestone e661 was a good one, but is now chunking on the sides.

I'm probably gonna get a Dunlop 739 front or a 756. Has anybody used these tires???

Any feedback would be appreciated. Is the 756 front better than the 739 front??? I dont know which one to get. Thanks for any input, Slobiker

You have to buy the tire that matches what you are going to ride on. Being you have an "S", I would imagine you use it on the street.

I had an almost new 739 from an XR650R and I gave it away. It was better in the dirt than a 490 but, it wasn't as good on the pavement. A 756 is an awsome off-road tire but I wouldn't run it at all on the street.

If I'm going to trailer my DRZ to a riding area I put on the 756. I really like the 490 for a dual sport tire. They wear well on the street. So many of them came stock on MX bikes and were taken off right away. Some racers have kept them back in their tire racks and are willing to sell them cheap.

I've run both the 756 and 739 fronts and much prefer the 739 on the DRZ for the sandy western conditions I ride in. I find it doesn't dig in as much in the sandy turns. 756 for the rear though!