Sign in to follow this  

Classic Pics - more from Nebraska 1978

There was something about the overcast skies and the cool weather from that day back in '78. The rich black soil added to the scene and made for some really good exposures. This was National MX from an earlier era.

Broc Glover 125 class

GloverrearbumpNE78.jpg

More Hannah and Tripes still going at it

HannahandTripesGoingatitNE78.jpg

Marty Tripes

TripesfastNE78.jpg

Bob Hannah

HannahdownjumpNE78.jpg

Jimmy Ellis with tounge hanging out

EllistoungeNE78.jpg

Hannah again

HannahfastNE78.jpg

Tripes again

TripessmwheelieNE78.jpg

Awesome pic's!!! :cry: I was 12 in '78, and just got my first minibike. All the bikes from about '78-'82 or so are what I, as a kid, spent countless hours drooling over in the magazines, and bike shops. Particularly those early YZ works bikes :cry::cry::cry: Thanks Cheifan :cry:

Kick @55 Pics. I was born in 1979 but my old man still has his 1971 250. I would love to ride one of those mint condition old school bikes for a day.

Great pics! :cry::cry::cry:

Was something wrong with your camera that day though? In pic #2 Tripes is nice and sharp but Hannah's looks kinda blurry... :cry:

yea 76-86 was a really awsome time in mx, all the bikes were alot

different from each other now they are kind of the same just diff color

Hannah was in the lead and going faster. :cry:

Actually when you use a slower shutter speed like 250th of a sec. it gives you more of a blurred background. I must've been following Tripes while Hannah was moving at a slightly different speed or angle. So Hannah is slightly blurred. I used the affect to show a difference between them. :cry:

Hannah was in the lead and going faster. :cry:

Actually when you use a slower shutter speed like 250th of a sec. it gives you more of a blurred background. I must've been following Tripes and Hannah was moving at a slightly different speed or angle. So Hannah is slightly blurred. I used the affect to show a difference between them. :cry:

I'm no photographer, but the B&W just adds to it rather than loosing anything. Was just starting to get some decent shots with Dad's AT-1 when it got stolen (with the telephoto on it of course). I gotta pick up another and do some homework on B&W shots. Thanks again Chiefan!

i raced that red engine '78 CR 250 back in the day....got a pic of me at Riverside Grand Prix on her...its now a housing development, and Marty's now really fat.

thanks for the flashback!

:cry: