Sign in to follow this  

Sask., Man., and Alta, Who's out there?

Is there any Husaberg rider's out there in the flatlands of Canada. I'm in So Alta and I'd like to see if there is anyone else out there. Post or pm me.

Fryguy

You would'nt happen to be from the Brooks area are ya???

There are not too many Husaberg's around and your name sounds familiar!!!

After reading some of your posts I think I know ya for sure!!!

Are ya gonna have a race at your place this year or not???

Have'nt ridden there in a few years but it sure was fun when I did.

Northcrf

Hey, your not a stalker are you, show me your face!!!!

No races this year. Maybe some fun rides, or even fundraisers for our ISDE effort.

We'll soon change that name to "northfe", by the way.

fryguy

Husaberg's are for rich guys like you Fryguy.

I did look into buying a used Gas Gas 400 here in the Hat but the thing did not seem to want to start with the electric or kicker so I'm gonna wait on it.Even the resident expert(Lee Cox) says it's a hard starter for a Gas Gas.

Have ya been out to Porky's at all yet??

I heard that it was actually pretty good already,little muddy/icy but little snow.

Northcrf

Hey, if I had your money I'd throw mine away. The way I look at it, you can spend X amount of dollars for the bike and then Y amount on accessories that might not work, OR spend T amount on a bike that has all the right parts that work as a package. Been there done that. Sometimes shopping is not as rewarding as the wife claims. Remember, MHO!!!

Check out the Bergs if you are buying, retail prices are dropping. Also check out the thread about about the 24 hr Dirt Rider torture test.

Fryguy

hey fryguy if you are who i think you are then tell me how connie aka "donkey" and clint are doing and tell them i said hi. ps if husaberg brings down there msrp that will be great as that could beanother brand for me to sell will have to talk to p.p at bmg. :cry:

eurodave

I am and they are fine.

You wish is come my friend, Cdn dollar vs Euro has made retail prices drop significantly over 04.

call me 403 566 2466 and I'll hook you up

fryguy

too cool, other riders from Alberta! I'm in Calgary. Are you guys from the 'Hat area? I raced the Catus Coulee in 97, fun time in the snow. Ever ride Rooseville?

I ride with a guy that has a Berg (I think it's a 501), new last year. He bought it from A&E RV in Brooks.

I'm from the Hat and the riding here sucks now that they shut down our motocross track.

Where the heck is Rooseville???

Where do ya usually ride around Calgary??

I think that as far as the prairies go, you won't find any Berg riders outside of AB. I don't know of any dealers in MB or SK, and I've only seen 1 Berg in person, at a race in Swift Current (worst track in SK) 2 years ago. It was probably you riding it.

RMXC51

Not me!!! One place I've never riden is Sask, but times might change. Hopefully you see more bergs on the prairies.

Northcrf

Rooseville is the border crossing into the US west of Ferny on #3 and south at Elko. There used to be a race there called Kookanoosa. The start was right on the semi dry lake bed, mass start and miles long!!! Across mud flats and frozen sloughs on Easter long weekend. Wicked single track and some dunes to the south.

Altathumper

Have you rode your buddies 501?

fryguy

Fryguy:

Are the Husaberg's legal to register from the factory??

The GasGas for some reason has no problems being registered right off the showroom floor,which is why I am looking at them.If I buy a new bike I want to absolutely sure it can be registered for street use before I'd put the money down.

Which Husaberg would ya go with for a dual purpose role anyway???

To be honest I really don't know much about them!!

Northcrf

I know the 03 and older Fe models or enduro, were Euro spec bikes so they came with all the fixins to make them street legal. I wouldn't doubt that if you took all the neccessary info to a smaller registration office you might be able to get what you need.

I know that we have had no trouble getting a plate to go over to the ISDE. Just the bill of sale and NVIS from the unit and away we went. The French accepted it and they were the most retentive people I've ever dealt with.

As far as which model, well I think a 400 is good as an offroad model, but wouldn't really have alot of oomph for the street. The 650 would be best for the street, but quite a handfull offroad. But maybe you have kahoonahs the size of my head, then you'd be ok. Really the 501 wuld be best all around.

Best of luck

Fryguy

Yes, I have ridden my buddies 501, and I couldn't wait to get back on my YZ426! No personality, flat power, harsh suspension, just no snap. But very light and flickable. I am way faster on my thumper. Roosevile is great, i'll be there in March. :)

Euro

He does walk a little bow legged!!!

Alta

hey hey, have you ever heard of the tortoise and the hare!!!