Sign in to follow this  

So where is the cutoff for the holeshot

i have loosly told some people (mainly my 3 and 6 year old sons) that i got the holeshot, but midway through the first turn i get passed, so where is the magic line to say "i got the holeshot"

john

03 crf450r

First person out of the first turn gets the hole shot. Do you ever watch SX on tv? They have a camera set up at the exit of the first turn which captures the hole shot rider.

I've seen quite a few races (pro mostly) where they have a line painted across the track at the exit of the first turn so there's no doubt who wins the holeshot money.

yeah i thort the holeshot was at the end of the first turn because the most crashs happen here!!!! and the first one out should get some kind of reward!

They changed the line for the holeshot, it used to be the first one through the first corner. Now with the holeshot award the moved the line further to make the riders more separated to make it easier to see who got the award. can a Tv time out be that far behind!! Bloody corporate America, the award is like $1,000 bucks, nobody will ever take MX seriously, until we get some BIG MONEY in the sport!!

I have always thought that the whole shot was the first one out of the corner. But I think it also depends on the track and the starting system. If you are outside I think it should be the first to exit about the midpoint of the turn and get away from the pack. Supercross you need to get out of the turn first.