Sign in to follow this  

Motor problems

I just got a motor for a friend that has a drz he seized 2 years ago.......well the one I purchased off e-bay has some sort of clutch problem, it won't engage at all. It seems the actuating arm has no spring pressure at all. I haven't really tore in to it just the clutch cover and from there all looks OK. Any suggestions of what it could be?? Thanks :cry:

Rockchucker open it up and pop off the clutch pressure plate. Pretty quick and easy to get to the clutch and I am sure the problem will present itself easily. :cry:

The one he siezed is it a kick start motor? I could use some parts if he wants to offload some. :cry:

Rockchucker open it up and pop off the clutch pressure plate. Pretty quick and easy to get to the clutch and I am sure the problem will present itself easily. :cry:

The one he siezed is it a kick start motor? I could use some parts if he wants to offload some. :cry:

Its an E and he won't part with any of it, I wanted the old motor I was going to tear it apart and try and fix it but he said he wanted it for extra parts. What are you looking for?

Now I took everything apart and all looked good so I slowly put it all back together and now she works fine :cry: Maybe something jarred during shipping but its fine now I shiffted it through the gears clutch engages fine so I don't know. :cry:

I took everything apart and all looked good so I slowly put it all back together and now she works fine Maybe something jarred during shipping but its fine now I shiffted it through the gears clutch engages fine so I don't know.
Cool thats the way it should always work out.
What are you looking for?
Well I got a Magneto rotor for a kicker and a spare kick start kit.

Now I just need a left crank half for the kicker, stator and ignition side cover for the kicker. Then I just have to buy a wiring harness and I got a one of a kind..... KLX400K model. :cry::cry:

And I will probably have all the parts to make a K to E start upgrade kit for someone to buy off fleabay. :cry: