Sign in to follow this  

Washington Senator attempting to "steal" ORV Funds!

Fellow riders. It is imperative that you be aware of and react to the attempt by Senator Karen Fraser to steal funds from the IAC NOVA accounts (ORV money). She is seeking $1.6m of "our ORV funds" to repay the original ORV funds given to manage Thurston County ORV Park - basically, using our money to pay ourselves back - hitting us twice. The closing of Thurston County ORV park by Thurston County is bogus by itself. In doing so, ORV interests have filed suit to demand a return of the funds given to build the park over the many years it was in operation. So, the brilliant and devious Senator Fraser is using her position as chair of the IAC funds to steal the money needed to pay the money back. You can look at this as if we paid over $3m and got zip and her county is completely off the hood and ends up with free state property. It really stinks! IMMEDIATELY WRITE YOUR "STRONG FEELINGS" TO SENATOR FRAZIER AND TO YOUR LOCAL SENATOR AND REPRESENTATIVE. Demand they not support this theft of ORV funds by Senator Frazer. Gutting our scarce ORV funds will kill other off-programs in Washington State.

Additionally, if they get away with it now, what is to stop them from doing

the same later to other motorsports dedicated funds, whether for road or

street? We are all in this together and each letter/email is critically

important - please do it today.

How typical :cry: Does anybody have the apropriate links and if so please post so we all can respond in force :cry:

Are you sure? I was told that democrats dont take from off roaders. That they were no more a threat to off roading than any republican was? Of course, this is all tounge in cheek. I've wised up to demonrats (not a typo) long ago. Been voting straight GOP for many years now! Karen Frasier was the Wa State senator for the 22nd district (Olympia) and I wouldnt be suprised if she was trying this shananigan. They cant stand to see a pile of money, they have to get their hooks into it and spend it (used to buy votes in-directly) Give us a link so we can email here and all out state represenatives and senators. For those who dont know who their represenatives are, go to http://www.washingtonvoter.org/ and fill in your ZIP, it will locate your 3 represenatives (2 state reps and one state senator). If for some silly reason your not a registered voter, dont tell your rep, but in the mean time, get registered ASAP! :cry:

Does anyone have documentation about this issue? Possibly something written up in a local paper?

I have the email ready to go, I just want to make sure it has substance before I send it.

Matt

Matt, the information came directly from the Washington State Dealers Association as well as several other riders groups.

Matt, the information came directly from the Washington State Dealers Association as well as several other riders groups.

Since the information came from them, where can we go to see this for ourselves. At this point its third, fourth or even fifth hand information. I don't doubt that a democratic politician is capable of such acts. I just want to know what I am talking about. Documentation would be nice.

:cry:

Are you sure? I was told that democrats dont take from off roaders. That they were no more a threat to off roading than any republican was? Of course, this is all tounge in cheek. I've wised up to demonrats (not a typo) long ago.

Just for clarification, I have never said that. I have only said that NEITHER PARTY is fighting for us. None is any better than the other.

I am e-mailed Senator Fraser, and will post what ever I get from her.

I am a little confused about this whole thing and don't even see how it's possible.

The original $1.6 million came from the IAC. Why would the IAC even consider loaning another $1.6 million to Thurston county in this situation?

Besides, according to the IACs grant stipulations this type of loan would not be accepted. The money from loans has to go towards public use, and the use has to be shown for X number of years in order for the loan to be wrote off, etc., etc.

Just for clarification, I have never said that. I have only said that NEITHER PARTY is fighting for us. None is any better than the other.

I realize you believe that but I can not for the life of me understand why. If you check into who backs the Sierra club and others, it is predominately the democrats. That Movie that made such a fuss "Fahrenheit ???" didn't try to blame the Democratic Party for Global warming as if there is such a thing. They tried to blame the republican party because they are not rolling over and playing dead for the envirementalist theories.

The vast majority of envirementalist are either Green Party or Democratic Party or both. Why? Because they percieve that their agenda is better served by those parties. When we look at the Clintons and Gores and what they did to our sport by using Executive Privilage to arbitrarily classify land Wilderness, it is obvious that one party is definately fighting against us. If Patty Murray gets her way we will be locked out of some more land in the future. With the support of our new Governor unelect supporting anything Murray puts forward, we are scheduled to be humanely put to sleep soon.

Dirt bike riders the democratic party has already engraved out tomb stone here in Washington.

:cry:

Well, like OMT, I do beleive the GOP is looking out for us, but maybe not nearly as much as they should. They may have to keep a low profile so as to not draw attention either. Now lets suppose just for the sake af argument, neither are fighting for us, that would be better than one fighting againt us. In fact, I like it better when nothing is being done. One more law is one less freedom. Glad to see you emailed Karen Frasier. Good job Brandon :cry:

I will do the same and will be waiting to see your reply with her comment too. We may belong to different partys, but we share the same goals here. :cry:

Glad to see that you have emailed her.

You STILL seem to deny reality that the DEMS are NOT Far Worse when it

comes to closing Riding areas-They clearly ARE. Yes there are some GOP that

are anti-ORV and there are some GOP that are indifferent or dont support us.

BUT, virtually EVERY DEM votes to close more land EVERY YEAR. To deny this

is to deny REALITY! Why is it that Greens NEVER support the GOP or GOP

members??? They vote/support the Green Party when avail, otherwise

they ALWAYS support the Dems. Doing something over and over (supporting

Dems) and STILL getting more and more Land closed is a basic

definition of insanity. :cry: This is also why I vote for many Libertarians. They often

dont win but at least my vote did NOT go to a TRAIL CLOSER which is what

a DEM vote is!

... This is also why I vote for many Libertarians. They often

dont win but at least my vote did NOT go to a TRAIL CLOSER which is what

a DEM vote is!

Well, technically, you do vote to close down riding areas if you vote libertarian. See, its almost always either a GOP or a Dem, so if you dont support one, you allow the libertarian party to siphon off a vote from the GOP. You may not have voted democrat, but the end result was they ended up with one extra vote ahead by you voting libertarian. :cry: If all libertarians voted GOP, then they'd win just about every election in this state or across the country. Democrats love the libertarian party

I voted Libertarian and I'm damn proud of it. :cry:

If another party did a better job of espousing my beliefs, I'd vote that party. I voted my conscience and my conscience is clear. :cry::cry:

I understand and agree w/both toyota_mdt_tech & Half-nutx.

Basically on a scale of 1-10 (10=best) I give the average Dem a Zero

and the ave Gop a 1, that is why I often vote for Libertarians...

Yep-at least I'm not DIRECTLY voting to have Trails closed like

some do here, but there are many issues/principles for me and

FREEDOM is utmost and only Libertarians come close to this

IMO.

If those of the GOP persuasion walked their Talk

(Limited Government etc...) more I'd be more inclined to

vote for more of them...sadly they often dont... IMO

Let's come back to the real world for a moment. Right now we have a small handfull of reps who actually are elected to office in Washington who support our cause. Condotta is one of them. In the real world we need to look at who is elected and throw our support to those who most care about our rights in the land use issue. Those party candidates who didn't get elected won't help us at all. Supporting the elected officials who care, will.

If the elected Democrats are supporting us then back them. If the elected Republicans are supporting our rights then back them. If the elected Libertarians are supporting our rights then support them. We should be able to agree on that.

So who is supporting us and our freedoms? Who is simply taxing us and not using those taxes to help us? Who has a green agenda? Who does not have a green agenda? Do the research and support who you find deserves it.

Just remember our choices will either give our children the freedoms we grew up enjoying or take them away. I believe we have already gone too far in taking our childrens freedoms away. It's kinda hard to stop a train once the cars get moving. Maybe it's too late. What do you think?

Yep-Condotta is/has been one of our best supporters. Unfort I'm not in his

district-most of the "winners" in my district are Trail Closers.

Condotta (and a few others) are also trying to make it Legal

for NON-street legal ORVers to ride Forest/logging roads :cry:

see here...

There is a thread about this elsewhere on TT I just read but now cant seem

to find it... :cry:

Unfort, even COndotta can get it wrong sometimes-IMO. He is (or at least

was) a supporter of raising the ORV Tag fees. All well and good in Theory BUT

the NOVA comitte has Already stolen or diverted most of our $$$

so sending more of my $$$ to this Greenie Grp that manages our ORV $$$

is NOT the way to go. If anything-at least until our ORV $$$ is actually

used for New Trails or Maint of existing Trails the ORV Tag system should

be abolished-its OUR $$$. For some time now only a very small % of our

OffRoad Gas Tax $$$ that NOVA manages does this-most is spent on

"Enforcement", Lawsuit/damage control, Studies AND Hiker only trails.