Sign in to follow this  

Metcalf meeting follow-up.

I was at the California OHV meeting today in Sacramento and met one of the guys from the Santa Clara parks and Rec. Dept. I asked him about the meeting last Wed. night. Basically, HE WAS BLOWN AWAY FROM THE GREAT OHV COMMUNITY TURNOUT!!!! It really got his attention. He has never been to Metcalf but will make a point of checking it out for himself. He was impressed with the attitude of the OHV crowd. Not a bunch of winers and heard some good ideas of how to help fund the park.

Good going guys and gals. !!!!!

Ride on

Brewster

I attended the meeting and was also impressed with the amount of support as well as the nice atmosphere. My guess is about 200 people, standing room only for a while. There was an excellent presentation presented to the commission about the park, the funds, grant money, why it needs expansion as well as more funding and also a very nice report on the evironmental and edangered species program and how well the people and rangers help manage and support it. (nothing to hide) Alot of nice worked accomplished.

Of course, the many riders getting up to say there peace in the minute allotted time was awesome, koodos to all expecially the family effort. I talked to head ranger Mike R. and he was extremely impressed and is sure that we all "wow'ed the commissioners.

Now we also need the support of all to write the necessary letters to the Gov. Thanks again to all that supported Metcalf, Ciao JP :cry: