Sign in to follow this  

New DRZ110 owner

Hey guys, I just bought a new 05 DRZ110 for my wife (its mine) to chase my daughter around with. I have a few buddys that moto these things and they have a real blast so we got one (its mine) too.

Curious as to what you-alls OTD price was on the new ones, I got mine for 1988 OTD. THe sales guy at Chaparral tried to stick me for $2400, but I told him it was my wifes job to F... me, not his. :cry:

Just put on a set of Pro Taper XR50 bars,(mine) will install a 36T sprocket and new chain in the near future.

Thats a good deal, They've been out of the 110s here for a wile, no left overs.

They had 5 souped up ones that races in the San Fran X-up challenge (where they get pros from different sports, Nascar, jet ski, wake boarding etc) and put them on these lil guys all tricked by Two-Bros... they had pipes, seats, bars, sticker kits and new rubber, ridden 3 laps but wanted huge cash for them... I said I doubted they were broken in correctly... ridden 3 laps as hard as they could be ridden by adults in a race? -I'll take a new one, thanks... :cry:

I just bought a new 2005 drz110 today myself.

I am sort of a newb with these small bikes, but I work in a Suzuki Dealership with a bunch of pitbike and MX nuts, so they talked me into getting one. I am kinda the "old man" around the shop at 36 years old, so its cool to have the younger "know it alls" around for me to learn from.

I got the BBR Fork Springs, Shock Spring, and the IMS Super Stock Footpegs for starters, but I look forward to adding more to this bike. Seems like its going to be a good time for me and the kids.

I have been lurkin around ThumperTalk for the past few weeks, and I must say there is LOTS of really good info on this site. Seems like a lot a great people around here to learn from as well.

...I told him it was my wifes job to F... me, not his. :cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

We paid around $1830.00 in 2003. Great bikes.

Dan.

but I told him it was my wifes job to F... me, not his. :cry:

That's a good one. :cry:

I paid $1700 OTD

In the NY-NJ area the 110 goes for about $1599 + tax & $250 ship. Since I live in NY I buy in NJ since I don't have to pay tax. But if I register the bike(Required in NY-Yeah Right), NY will get me for the TAX. :)

damn, I thought I got a good deal.

the DRZs out here have been sold out for the last 7 months waiting for the 05s to come out, real popular I guess, supply and demand...