Sign in to follow this  

First Long Ride on '05 Part I need now....

Got all my mods done and went for my first 50 miles plus urban assault the other day.....I have only two complaints.....First problem is the seat, where can you get the best deal on a gel seat? I definitely need one of these......second problem is the much talked about death wings. These do not hook up whatsoever.....could'nt keep the ass end on the trail! After these mods this bike will be top notch.....

I like to thank everyone on T-talk, for helping me spend way too much money already on mods.....

Top Ramen is 10 for a buck, can't beat that I guess.....

From what I've read, the gel seat is just as hard, if not harder than the stock seat. Most people don't like it.

Throw some Pirelli MT21 tires on there for a huge difference in the dirt.

second problem is the much talked about death wings. These do not hook up whatsoever.....could'nt keep the ass end on the trail!

Top Ramen is 10 for a buck, can't beat that I guess.....

I got a Tera-flex Type II after reading about it here. Over Christmas I got to try it out in deep mud and tight trails in Virginia and it worked great. You can get one here for $85 delivered:Clicky

I put a Kenda Trakmaster on the front. Not the greatest in the mud & sand but pretty good everywhere else. Both tires are DOT legal if that matters to you.

Peanut butter is a pretty cheap source of protein for those of us spending more on bikes than food :cry::cry:

I have read mixed reviews of the gel seat........I'm definiely going with dot approved knobbies.......just have to hang around and find out what works best.....as far as the seat I will do the same....

For tires, I want what wears the least......probably hard to find in street approved......

If you are doing any real off road and not alot on on road blow off the dot and go with m or s-12's front and back. You cant beat them off road. As for the seat ..... go faster so you stand up more or grow a calluse. :cry:

Get rid of that seat strap.

I think most people just throw new knobs on and call it a day. But with set up even the crappy trailwings can hold a line, once moved to better tires afterwards provides the true Magic.

Kenda Trackmasters are really good DOT knobbies and they're cheap as well (as in price) The Maxxis M7000 Dualmaxx are really good as well and are often overlooked, but for the price the Trackkmasters are worth it :cry: