Sign in to follow this  

450 clutch springs in CRF250

I just recently purchased a 2005 CRF250 and was told by a guy locally that I should not even ride it before installing stiffer clutch springs from a 450 in it. Wondering if anyone can offer any advise on this. I did a search on this topic but could not find anything.

Thanks in advance

Greg

Foeget the 450 springs.That was my bright idea but they are too stiff.That was the first time i got arm pump on the 250.I use the 05 springs in my 04.work fine.

Foeget the 450 springs.That was my bright idea but they are too stiff.That was the first time i got arm pump on the 250.I use the 05 springs in my 04.work fine.

Not a problem if you have a hydraulic clutch. :cry:

Did you end up finding a place to get the hydro-clutch?

I e-mailed Magura and they said they haven't released the X version yet, but it should be out soon. Due to an extreme need to install something, I ordered one for my son's CR85 and should have it in next week. BTW, I was at the local KTM dealership yesterday and felt the clutch action on their 125 2-smoke. I figure the end result on my X should be similar?? Pretty nice!!

have you ever ridden the 125 sx? if i had to go back to a smoker i would go wwith that.

but i think im getting a magura hydraulic clutch for my bike....and maybe stiffer clutch springs

and a glide plate

have you ever ridden the 125 sx?

I've never ridden one, but all the mags seem to think it has the hot 125 2-stroke engine. Nice clutch action.

yeah thats the thing about the ktm 125 2 smokes, theres no real need to mod the engines....kinda takes the fun out of it

Another hot tip for the CRF250 is to run one additional steel plate in the clutch pack. Preloads the whole assembly a bit and gets better bite (and longetivity!).

I rode a '03 KTM 125 SX with a doma pipe and was really impressed, could definitely do anything a 250 could do, might just take a little more work thats all. And that cluch...... oooooooh so nice.

Dionne Racing clutch springs. 239 573 7223

They are in expensive and fat outlast the stock ones.

They even have some ti ones that when released have more tension than when compressed. they are a little pricy though.

Many pro's and fast amatures are using them.