Sign in to follow this  

best street supermoto for class of 2005

What is the best out of the box street supermoto that is available on the east coast.

WOW!! Wheels are trick and those stoppers...holy crap. Very sharp looking bike. I want one.

- Nick

KTM SMC 625 or the 2005 Husky SM 610, they are both street legal and require less maintenance than other SM's.

KTM SMC 625 or the 2005 Husky SM 610, they are both street legal and require less maintenance than other SM's.

For reliability - I would check out the drz400sm... It's built around the drz400s which is bulletproof - and because of the drz400 base - you have access to a huge dealer network for parts and goodies..

Husky has a very small network - and you have to wait a loooong time for parts - There was a good deal on sm610 here is DC - but I passed when I tried to find parts......

KTM isn't as big as suzuki - but I believe maintience issues and costs are higher on the KTM's SMC's and Duke's - don't you have check the valves at 6K???... yick....

It's all gonna depend if you want more power or reliablilty...

Now if only Yamaha would bring in the xt660x... now there would be a good sm....

-jason

HondaHawk~ I live in Va. Near DC. I work in tysons. I live out in Gainesville near the awesome country roads. I left the very 1st deposit on the very 1st black DRZ SM at colemans! I sell my Gixxer 750 tomorrow :cry::cry:

The DRZ should cheer me right up though.

What do u ride??

Richie

HondaHawk~ I live in Va. Near DC. I work in tysons. I live out in Gainesville near the awesome country roads. I left the very 1st deposit on the very 1st black DRZ SM at colemans! I sell my Gixxer 750 tomorrow :cry::cry:

The DRZ should cheer me right up though.

What do u ride??

Richie

I have my deposit down at CyclesUSA is Silver Spring on a black one too - I am the 1st there ... I am going to be selling my pristine sv650 and real good Hawk Gt to fund my purchase :cry: ... However, I will still have my FZ1 and Bandit 400 track tool (in pieces right now) to play with this season :cry: .... I can't wait for the drz tho.. If your in the area . you should check out http://dcsportbikes.com - I am on their allot.

Jason