Sign in to follow this  

tanks/seats interchangable???

I have an 01' wr250f and am looking for a yz seat/tank combo. My question is whether or not I can mate an 01'-02' yz426f seat/tank with an 01'-02' yz250f seat/tank? Can 01' and 02' yz combos be mixed to fit my 01'wr?

I believe the seat and gas tanks changed in 03. You can not mix a YZ seat with a WR gas tank or vice versa.

For the YZs the 98-02 250f/400f/426f all are the same tank and seat combos.

The radiator shrouds have a different angle for the lower bolt on the 98-99 400F than the 00-02 250f/426f units FYI. Same thing with the front number plates the 98-99 use the horizontal bolt, the 00-02 use the vertical bolt.

Front, rear fenders are interchangeable on the YZs from 98-02 along with with the side panels.

Now the 03-05 is all the same plastic for the 250F/450F and is not interchangeable with the earlier 98-02 bikes without modifications.

So yes the 00-02 plastic/seat/tank will be the same.

Sorry to bug. So a 00' yz426f gas tank and a 01' yz426f seat will fit on an 01'wr250f?? Any clue what a fair price on a used gas tank should be?? much appreciated..

yes a 98-02 YZF gas tank is the same thing.

So the 98-02 seat is the same on the YZF also.

So you can use a 98 tank with a 02 seat. Get it?

Sorry to bug. Any clue what a fair price on a used gas tank should be?? much appreciated..

Watch the "Parts" forum here on TT in the "For Sale" section and watch E-Bay. I've got an oversize Clarke YZ tank with a GUTS YZ seat (had a SDG but sold it) and got them for maybe 40% of new. It may take a while but Spring is when a lot of people get new bikes and sell the parts off their old ones.