Sign in to follow this  

Cajon Pass In Danger Of Closing?

Hey all i rode there last sat and what a day it was! Things started out with the rangers doing the spark test so i had to change my pipe.I was going to anyway then the older gray haired ranger said they are going to step enforcement because they are thinking of closing it down due to so many vialoations and soon.So then we rode to the top of the mtn and i lost the right bar mount bolt on my triple clamp,so i had to hold the bar to the clamp with my right hand ALL THE WAY DOWN!.....s#^%$$t........It was a hell of a ride .So be carefull up there the rangers will be all over. :cry:

Things started out with the rangers doing the spark test so i had to change my pipe

Sounds like you are part of the problem. Thanks.

You're the one who said you HAD to. I'm sure you were breakin' out the wrenches when the ranger showed up.

You're the one who said you HAD to. I'm sure you were breakin' out the wrenches when the ranger showed up.

Bingo.

SP, everything about your post identifies you as one of those who give this great sport a bad name.

Sifting through your bad spelling and poor grammar, we learn that you HAD to attach your SA because the ranger showed up. No doubt seeing you scramble for your SA and tools as they drove up made a good impression on the rangers up there. Then you proceed to tell us that the ranger said the area might be closed down because of excessive violations from careless dirtbikers and quad riders. Riders just like yourself.

So what is your closing point? Was it, "hey everyone, please OBEY THE LAWS and ride responsibly because if we don't another riding area will be closed"? Of course it wasn't. Instead you say "be careful" up there because "the rangers will be all over". Translation: "if you are going to be like me and ignore the rules, then be sure and avoid the rangers who are patrolling that area."

Brilliant.

Exactly.

No SA, had to install when the ranger showed :cry:

Poor maintenance... bar mount came off at the top of the hill :cry:

Yup... :cry:

If you knew that you had to install the SA, why didn't you do it at home?

Don't you check the torque on your major assemblies when you change your oil?

Who's calling who "dork" and "spode"? :cry:

Where are ya gonna ride when all of the public lands have been closed because of fires? During the summer, we can't even ride MOUNTAIN BIKES up in Marshall Canyon above Claremont. The rangers claim that it's to protect us from heatstroke, but I suspect is is from careless hikers and bikers dropping smokes on the trails.

Sorry, but please do all of us a favor and stay on the private closed tracks unless your bike is properly equipped and quiet enough for public lands :cry:

Sounds like you are part of the problem. Thanks.

I would say so!!! Come on get with it. People like this that closes everything and label the rest as such...... :cry::cry: Its clear there is only one "spode" that needs to get out of the way. And its not EM!

I am surprised that area has not been totally closed.After the derailments back in the 90's the railroad said that whole area was going to be shut down.And after 9/11 Rangers are going to question everything up and around the pass. Let us hope tne area remains open. :cry:

Bingo.

SP, everything about your post identifies you as one of those who give this great sport a bad name.

Right on EM!! :cry::cry::cry: Let's keep our trails open!

BTW, we met a really cool BLM ranger last weekend at Cougar Buttes. He was putting up signs closing down areas near private property, but was very cool with us. He gave us a map and directed us towards open trails so that we could make our way across the mountains to SlashX. :cry: There is at least some guys out there on our side.