Sign in to follow this  

Curiosity

Well...everyone knows about and some own the RMZ450, but Im curious to see if Suzuki will put a 2-stroke version of their twin-spar aluminum frame on the RM125/250. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Hard to say, with all the R&D going into 4-strokes now you wouldn't think they would waste their time, would be pretty awesome though, I almost bought a new RM 250 this year but decided on the 450 instead, thought the re-sale of the 2-stroker would be horrible, I feel faster on a 450 anyway. Suzuki will start refining their aluminum frame and making changes over the years just like Honda has been doing, I wouldn't think they would throw it on their 2-stokes anytime soon. But then look what Yamaha did!!

I think because of what Yamaha did, everyone is going to put R&D into their 2-strokes because for one, bubba stewart was riding the 125 and smoked everyone, two, RC is now on the RM250. 4-strokers are good, but even though they are sweet, lets see you try to start one when you go down lol. I own a YZ450 and I love it, I came off a RM250 and now Im buying a CR125 for a spare bike. Next year, if yamaha doesnt do something major to change the YZ450 for the better, then its all about the RMZ450.

suzuki has already went through several chasis changed before the public even got the bike. last year in the european motorcross circuit their factory riders went through several different bikes before they decided on one they would manufacture.