Sign in to follow this  

Subway team's colored tires!

Well, I know some guys are all worried about their bikes looking "serious", so they can't run colored tires. I spend my time getting shot at over here in Iraq, so I'm happy to have my bike look "fun." My life's full of serious, so, in my world, a fun bike is good. Besides, any bike that is running way out front looks serious enough, and that's fun!

Other than the guys who need a "serious" looking bike, what do you guys think of these? They definitely look different.

http://www.racerxill.com/RXimages/AMI_WP/020205/JasonThomas_CRF450_768.jpg

well, i think they're cool because its something differnt, but i wouldn't run them on my bike, cuz they look gay. if it were open season on queers i'd reckon that'd be a rolling target. I think Metzger's 02' CR250 x-games bike had yellow tires, along with travis's rm.

I spend my time getting shot at over here in Iraq, so I'm happy to have my bike look "fun." My life's full of serious, so, in my world, a fun bike is good. Besides, any bike that is running way out front looks serious enough, and that's fun!

Be safe and good luck getting back State-side soon; lot's of riding to do :cry: .

If they help to identify a team and create attention, then they are good for sponsers and good for the sport. Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money.

Everyone and their dog would want them if they were on Windhams 450 and the perception of "gay red tires" would quickly become "SANO red tires". Everyone of us would have to have a set, "gay" or not.

BTW I have Red TAG grips on my 05 450, and I have a girlfriend. So there... :cry:

Bah, tire technology keeps getting better and better, and these colored tires are just an example of that. I just like the fact that they can actually make theses things :cry: If you like them, run 'em! And if you can smoke everyone else, then it will piss them off even more!

Id buy a pair, just to be alittle different. There only tires, they wont be on my bike more than a month or two in the summer anyway :cry:

The same thing happened with mountain bike tires a couple years ago and then lost interest from the public. I personally think it makes the bike look like it is out of the 80's. I would rather have the black tires with black wheels and silver hubs. :cry:

Yeah, we just gots those in at our local shop i work at (Reno Motorsports). They look sweet, but a hefty price tag.

I think yellow tires on red rims would look berserk! I have to wonder if they have enough of the carbon in them to be as grippy as a black tire would be, though.

Also, I saw a special on a guy from Vegas who has developed a rubberless tire compound that performs like mad. They've been doing a lot of car tire testing and they said his compound really has it's bases covered. The thing that brought it to mind is that they said it wouldn't matter which color you made them. They'd perform the same. Freaky!!!

If Anyone Calls Your Red Tires "gay", Just Clobber Them With Your Purse, And Step On Them With Those High Heels