Sign in to follow this  

Tires...

I'm buying new tires as soon as I can determine what a good combination there is for around Indiana, Michigan etc... I'm looking at a set of Michelin M3's. Ride trails the majority of the time. What do the rest of the midwest riders use?

Thanks.

I prefer dunlop's, I ride 773's, as michigan is almost all sand, 752's-756's are good also in the rear, but the 773 front is awesome in sand. my 450 is hard on rear tires s they are replaced at about a two to one ratio.

How do the S-12s hold up? And how do they do on hardpack? That's the problem with this area you can go from deep sand to "concrete" in the same day....

The reason I was looking at the M3's is because one of the Tech's at my dealer uses them and he says they have excellent wear characteristics... The only bad thing is they are pricy.... I have found a website that sells them $25.00 cheaper per tire than my dealer!

I always like as many opinions as possible. :cry:

In my opinion, a worn S-12 is better than a new 756. Unless you're on hard pack. The 756 does OK there. However, the Dunlop will chunk out badly.