Sign in to follow this  

YZ250F jetting?

my 03 YZF has a Q pipe and bog down low. if you give it a quick blip from idle, it coughs then gets up ta speed, any ideas on what i need ta change it to? theres a 175 main. thanks

Try turning the fuel screw outwards to richen the idle and keep the idle speed up. Be sure to ride the bike before testing. The Q will have some extra backpressure compared to a stock YZ exhaust.

James

Also do a search on the YZ/WR 250F forum for the bogggggggg..... There's some interesting reading about this topic.

Also, if you don't have one of JD's kits in your 250F then your missing out. Some of the best money I've spent! :cry:

I'm also having that bog down when I try to get on it. If I feather the gas a little bit before gunning it I will pull right through the bog. It feels like the bike is going to die. Did anything work for you on your problem. I have an 03' yz250f. I'm trying racing fuel to see if that will help instead of pump gas.

I'm also having that bog down when I try to get on it. If I feather the gas a little bit before gunning it I will pull right through the bog. It feels like the bike is going to die. Did anything work for you on your problem. I have an 03' yz250f. I'm trying racing fuel to see if that will help instead of pump gas.

Ricemanff, there is more information, threads etc... when it comes to this. Here are some threads that have very interesting reading. I suggest you read through all of them, they should help you out...

Go here

Then here

While you're at it, and if you already haven't visit; www.thumperfaq.com

And most importantly, "if you don't have one of JD's kits in your 250F then your missing out. Some of the best money I've spent!" :):)