Sign in to follow this  

What is the best soft terrain tire?

What is the best tire for soft loamy tracks? I have an 18" rear wheel. I may switch to a 19" in a while, but for now I'm staying with the 18"

What is the best tire for soft loamy tracks? I have an 18" rear wheel. I may switch to a 19" in a while, but for now I'm staying with the 18"

dunlop 756 :cry:

I have an M5B in My garage that I cut for hillclimbs... I might just have to see if that will be maneagable on a MX track, or if it will slide out too far. I'll have to try the 756 out as soon as my current tire/s are worn out. The 756 front is the only front tire I will use (it works on everything).

Mud, loose stuff, and a powerfull enough bike to fling it everywhere:S12. D756 is pretty cool too, but I still like the s12 more.

The s12 is an awsome tire,odly enough thier intermediate tire sucks i know i have them.Also the dunlop 773 is also great.

I was very unhappy with the stock tires on my 04' YZ450. I looked at a bunch of different tires and picked the Dunlop 773. I LOVE these tires. The Pirelli MT 410 look very best for mud but look like they would wear out too fast on just dry dirt.

StainlessTT, Why didn't you post the results of the drag race?

Because it never happened...didn't you read my post yesterday?

I've had good luck with the Maxxis IT tire for soft stuff. I ride mostly desert where it's pretty sandy though, not sure how that would translate to a loamy track condition. They wear exceptionally well. I've also used the Dunlop 756 and was really happy with it except for the wear.