Sign in to follow this  

Recommending the BBR Exhaust

My dad had just bought a black bbr exhuast for his 230, and damn that thing is awsome. I was able to do wheelis in 3rd gear, and i didn't even change the jetting yet. if you're looking for exhaust i think u should consider. Its awsome :cry:

I was considering one of these as well, seem to be coming down in price a bit. Dumb questions:

1) is this a simple bolt on install, and

2) require a rejet if snorkel and baffle already out and rejetted as per stickey?

Thanks

yea.. this pipe is awesome. today was the first day i got to ride with mine. i did the pipe, freeflow airfilter kit, airbox mod, and rejetted. i used to not be able to wheelie 3rd gear unless on black top, and i was doing wheelies all day long in 1-3 in mud. its awesome, and sounds exactly like a 250f. :cry: it bolted onto my bike perfectly. it also made each gear MUCH taller. it added a ton of mid. :cry::cry::cry:

Any oipinion on the thought that a bbr gives no noticeable improvement over just uncorking mods - that if you uncorked, no difference other than sound should be perceived? One post said they thought any difference perceived was juts the placebo effect. :cry:

Gunslinger,

The BBR exhaust runs perfect with the "power-up" mods and jetting.

(120 main jet)

I dynoed this pipe on a stock 230 with power-up mods. This same test date is when I learned that the 132 main jet was on the rich side. The BBR looks good, works well, sounds great, and is not too loud. Its about the same noise level as the stock muffler with baffle removed. May get louder as packing wears out.

.6 HP gain peak, but improved over wide area of powerband. Perfect fit.

Third gear wheelies with just a pipe?

wow you must weigh 50 pounds!!!

Coeshow, I just wrapped the Header on my BBR pipe...I think she wants some more fuel!!!

gonna try a 145 main, and drop the needle one notch

We are planning on testing pipe wrap on our next dyno test session. I just received my custom grind "Extreme" cams!! They are awesome. If they work as well as they look, I'll be in heaven.

I have seen tests where the cooling affect of air on the header will affect the HP output. Obviously, the amount of loss or gain is another topic for "debate"

A good friend of mine builds some of the worlds fastest and most powerful shifter-cart engines. He has done some extensive testing in this area.

Hopefully, I can obtain some good data on Dyno day........

Got the bbr, $250 free ship, thanks for the advice - looking forward to it. MAking a product decision around here is tought. I can spend days reading, re-reading, making up my mind, changing my mind... :cry:

ive seen dynos of many pipes for a ttr125. pretty much every aftermarket pipe actually, and the only two that i thought gave good power gains were the bbr and the engines only. all of the others were only like .2 hp. i would say spend 100 more dollars, and get much more power than going cheap :cry:

umm. third gear wheelies you can do on a stock 230f, my best friend has one and he can do them easily. i have a 230f with the fmf powercore 4 pipe and i can do forth gear wheelies on dirt. shits not hard to do at all...

ohh yeah, and im 5'7" 138lbs. and i blew out my fork suspension on my 35ft table top in my back yard.. and thats landing perfectly and all. so now im thinking of buying a cr125 fork and shock and fitting it to my 230. lightening up on some parts would also help out since this thing weighs 238 empty.

umm. third gear wheelies you can do on a stock 230f, my best friend has one and he can do them easily. i have a 230f with the fmf powercore 4 pipe and i can do forth gear wheelies on dirt. shits not hard to do at all...

Whatever bro.

how do you rejet..im geting a new bike soon and i am gonna put some mods on it..haha i think im bout the only one on this site that dosent no how :)

how do you rejet..im geting a new bike soon and i am gonna put some mods on it..haha i think im bout the only one on this site that dosent no how :)

I just re-jetted the bike, there is a sticky there on how to rejet, w/ pics.

I have a BBR pipe and power-up kit on my CRF230 and it run so much better .It lifts the front wheel way easier than stock.It was worth the money.

I have a BBR pipe and power-up kit on my CRF230 and it run so much better .It lifts the front wheel way easier than stock.It was worth the money.

Agreed. I just put the power up kit myself. I love it. :)