Best place to live

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say charlottesville. it did win as the best place to live in the us. i live in albemarle county, and its awesome. mountains, creeks, rivers. personally i don't own much land, about 6 acres, but i have permission to ride on hundreds of acres. you can get a mix of everything weatherwise really. its a bit on the rainy side some years, and some years we get drouts. i really hope i can live here and have my own land when i get older ???

Las Vegas, economy grows and grows, however it is kind of expensive to live here. We have a gazillion places to ride off road and no crazy laws like California. We have Lake Mead and the Colorado river for water sports and lets not forget girls, gambling and girls.

No, no, no. Vegas is terrible, no places to ride, expensive, and absolutely nothing to do in your spare time. You definitely don't want to move here.

No, no, no. Vegas is terrible, no places to ride, expensive, and absolutely nothing to do in your spare time. You definitely don't want to move here.

Hmm, sounds like SOMEONE doesn't want anymore people living close by than already do?????

No, don't move here, it SUCKS here!

LOL LOL

Ok EVERYONE....start PACKING...we are MOVIN' to VEGAS!!!!!

The mountains of SoCal are great. There is woods riding within one half hour, three different places to ride in the desert within two hours, and two tracks within an hour and a half. Quiet communities are awesome yet fifteen minutes away buisiness is booming in a city. I won't tell you my area, but Fraiser Park near Bakersfield is almost as nice. ?

Where is the best place in the USA to live if you like the sun, riding offroad is your main hobby and the economy is good? Tell me where and why?

If you like riding, and unbelievable scenery Id say move to West Virginia. I see you like the sun though, in the winter we have an average snowfall of over 200" and the average air temp is well below 0. The economy in my area sucks too, we're workin on getting it changed, but its a damn hard thing. Keep on ridin'. ??

How can that guy say No to Vegas. I've lived here all my life (32yrs.) and there is a ton of stuff to do. No place to ride, are you nuts go in every direction from the center of town 20 min and you can ride, great offroad racing orgs. weather, economy, close to So. Cal, close to so. Utah, and Nevada is an awsome place to explore. We get allmost every type of prof. motosports, the largest made made lake in No. America. I haven't stepped in a hotel for months and when I do it's to go to a five star resturant. The only down fall is that in the last year the real estate market has taken off and house prices have shot up but still don't compare to So. Cal. I love Nevada!!!!!!

How can that guy say No to Vegas. I've lived here all my life (32yrs.) and there is a ton of stuff to do. No place to ride, are you nuts go in every direction from the center of town 20 min and you can ride, great offroad racing orgs. weather, economy, close to So. Cal, close to so. Utah, and Nevada is an awsome place to explore. We get allmost every type of prof. motosports, the largest made made lake in No. America. I haven't stepped in a hotel for months and when I do it's to go to a five star resturant. The only down fall is that in the last year the real estate market has taken off and house prices have shot up but still don't compare to So. Cal. I love Nevada!!!!!!

I think the dude was being sarcastic!

California is a happening place to live. About a month ago I surfed down in San Ononfre and was going to go night skiing at mountain high on the same day (Beach and Mountains, NICE!!!). But I ended up getting a little too tired to get my lazy ass up to go to the mountains.

So I surfed only.

Enjoy!

I wish I lived in Cali or Hawaii. New Jersey sucks, it rains alot, the winters are horrible, and even during the nice monthes, theres not alot of places to ride.

nj has some of the sickest places to ride, but u need to be willing to bend the law. if you odnt believe me, watch motoxxx3, the last section is called the far east. the track portion is 10 mins away from me and the other is about a 30 min drive from where we are

If you want the most open lands with free reign you best stay away from the east and stick to the WEst. If you get a chance to look at map showing federal vs privately owned lands in the US you can clearly tell that west has about 100% more riding area without having to ask for permission from anyone, than any other place. My preference would be Utah because of it's diverse landscape, probably the most amazing state in the nation due to it's diversity. There are 7 national parks, it's sparsely population. If you like desert you can live in St. George and be amazed by Zions and Cedar Breaks National Parks/Monument. Vegas might be open for riding in all directions but it's ugly desert crap, not hte pretty red desert and canyons of southern Utah. At the same time, the same day you can ride through high mountain peaks...of course all this in southern Ut. In norther and central Utah there are still mountains, valleys, deseret red rock and wilderness areas. You dn't have to worry about scum bag tree huggers as you do in California and Oregon as much.

I currently reside in NM, which ain't bad, but the southern part here is a bit dry and desolate which reminds me too much of Nevada. Sorry Nevadans, you guys have too much dry dirt and rock, not enough green stuff or river bottoms. Central NM as well as northern AZ has some greenery and desert as well. The only other place in Utah besides St. George is the Salt LakeCity front. Beautiful! 7 world class ski resorts within an hours drive. The Wasatch range about 10-15 mins away and the great salt desert to the west. Larry Miller, the owner of the UTah Jazz is now planning and will break ground on a worldclass race track this summer. It will go well with the bountiful motocross tracks already around.