Sign in to follow this  

small camcorder (OT)

I know it is a bit off topic, but I just got myself a helmet camera and I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips on a small, light yet sturdy camcorder to handle some off road shooting.

Thanks,

Tony

Well Ihaven't used it off road but my Canon Elura works pretty well as long as you don't do to much low light

ive had my helmet cam for aboot 3months and i got a canon ZR80and it works awsome ive had no problems so far and it fits in my camel back,you dont even know its there.

What kind of connector does the remote camera have and what kind of camera does one need to hook it up?

I've been looking at camcorders but none of the salespeople understand that I want to hook a camera up to the camcorder and don't know if there is an input to the camcorder.

I'm thinking about getting a Cannon Z90 (?)

Thanks

the ZR90 will work thats better than my ZR80 yah i had the same problem at best buy i figured out that most new cam corders will work,the A/V port will not say in or out than it will work that means it is capable of recording and viewing.what you want to look for is that the A/V port just says A/V port that means that it will work,there is a rec button in on the back side of the lcd screen that says REC and thats how mine works.you might want a lanc line also for remote stop option.

I purchased a Sony DCR-HC30 Handycam and I have used it for the past six months with a camera I purchased from HelmetCamera.com. It works great. The helmet cam comes with a microphone as well as a remote switch I clip to my chest protector which allows you to start/pause/stop without taking the video camera out of your backpack. It also flashes when the battery is low or the tape ends. Some things I need to figure out though are how to reduce wind noise that is picked up while your really cookin or how do deal with the sunlight when the shadows are long. The Sony also comes with the software to download the tape to your computer. Good Luck Jay3

hey jay3 i put my mic in my back pack,i use camelbakc mule i put the cam corder in the big pouch and i put the mic in the lil net pouch that is on the outside back of the camelback,i dont get any wind noise at all,i put the mic on my helmet once and also on the shoulder strap and its too much wind noise,with the mic in the back pack all you should hear is engine noise and swear words when you fall.