Sign in to follow this  

SX exhaust on an EXC?

Has anyonne tried the SX exhaust on their EXC.. I would like a smaller lighter exhaust, I would also install a PMB spark arrestor. How much louder is the SX pipe and would it be a straight bolt on?

Thanks

SoCal

I've got an SX silencer on my 05 exc and it was on a 04 exc. It bolts right on as long as the flange is the same. I think the silencer inlet flange on the 04-05 exc is the same as 03-05 SX. It is quite a bit louder than the stock exc silencer so when I go trail riding instead of Racing I put the exc silencer back on.

TwinSpar, I forgot to mention that I was talking about a 05 525EXC.. Are you talking about a factory KTM SX exhaust? Is it a huge differance in noise and weight and do you know roughly what the db rating might be? I have a factory YZF exhaust on my WR426 and with the Pro-Moto Billet spark arrestor it comes in at 96db, I was wondering if it might be so with the KTM...

Thanks

SoCal

2004 450 SX worked on my 2004 450 EXC. But why? The sx is much louder and I lost bottom end on my exc, it wasn't any lighter so I saw no advantage. :cry:

Dirt Rider did a write up on the FMF titanium Q exhuast in their Feb issue. They say it sharpened throttle response and saved a few lbs. while still being quiet.

Thanks everybody. based on the info everyone provided, I have decided I would be foolish to change it out.. obviously whats good for the WR426 aint so good for the EXC525...

SoCal