Sign in to follow this  

Riding this weekend... how's Fruita?

I'm going to go riding tomorrow (Sunday) and am trying to decide between Fruita and Grand Junction. Anyone have the scoop on what the trails are like in either place? Any snow?

Also, since I haven't been to Fruita yet, just wondering what the good rides are there, and where to find them. Thanks for any help!

Anyone else going to be out there?

I drove through GJ yesterday on my way to Utah. As far as I could see, everything was dry until you get close to the Bookcliffs. I would recommend you drive the extra hour or so and go to White Wash. I was there friday and had a blast. The wash at the bottom was wet sand. Everything else was dry. We had the place to our selves. :cry:

I drove through GJ yesterday on my way to Utah. As far as I could see, everything was dry until you get close to the Bookcliffs. I would recommend you drive the extra hour or so and go to White Wash. I was there friday and had a blast. The wash at the bottom was wet sand. Everything else was dry. We had the place to our selves. :cry:

Ain't White Wash just about as close to Heaven on Earth as you can get :cry:

With-out-a-doubt one of my most favorite place to ride :cry:

can you tell me whair this place is' I want to no how to get thair. I am planing a spring brake trip with my dad and want to see this place for my sealf somone had a sweet viedo of helmet cam from down thair.

PS: do i need a gps out thair if i dont want to get lost. :cry:

I plot all my rides with an Etrex Vista. All I do is mark where the truck is and go. Later I download it to a map. Find Green River and Moab on a map. Draw a line from one to the other. And about half way up the line.

Exit 175 on I-70. Head south of the freeway.

Three maps I've seen label this exit as 173, but the highway signs do call it 175. We drove past it twice the first time we l=ooked for it, because we were sure we were looking for 173. What's up with that?